chapter nine

Taehyung's P.O.V

I run down the hallway until my head starts pounding and my breathing gets ragged. I look down and notice I'm still in last night's clothes which smell horrible, with stains of alcohol and probably grass. Suddenly a girly voice shakes me from my daze and I quickly hide behind a wall, which leads to another hallway and slide down until I'm crouching. I recognize the voice as Seong. Two other girls seem to be with her. They stand a little further from me and I just hope they don't notice the smelly & emotional guy aka me.

"So... what happened between you and that Jungkook guy yesterday?" I hear one of the girls ask. They all giggle.

"I have no idea what you're talking about", Seong says, obviously lying and she knows the rest also notices.

"Oh don't lie! You suddenly disappeared upstairs! Any juicy details we need to know", the girl's voice went suddenly lower. The other girl giggles and hits her friend.

"Well... I might have lured him into the bedroom", Seong starts and I feel my blood run cold, "But before anything could happen he backed out"

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Do you think he's a virgin", one of the girls asks her, wiggling her eyebrows.

"He must be huge", the other sighs, almost dreamily. I want to gag right on the spot but they'd hear me.

Seong giggles and stomps her friends, "I'll find out soon enough". They walk away, their talking filling the empty hallway until they disappear into the elevator. I sigh.

What did you do Taehyung? Of course Jungkook likes Seong. I mean- look at her! My head starts to torture me.

But why did he kiss back then huh? My heart seems to say.

Someone clears their throat, startling me and I quickly look up. My body freezes and my heart skips a beat.

"Taehyung", Jungkook states, following my gaze as I try to get up. He grabs my arm and hauls me up but I quickly pull myself out of his grasp, ignoring the tingling feeling it gave me. I avert my gaze to the wall right behind him which he seems to notice. He sighs deeply.

"We need to t-"

Panic

He's going to reject me

End our friendship

Tears start to brim and I quickly gasp for air. Before he can finish his sentence I slip away and run for my life into another hallway.

If he can't talk to me than he can't reject me.

Heavy footsteps are right behind me and I know Jungkook will easily catch up with me. He's the fastest runner in our school, he even won the national cup last year. I tumble to the ground as soon as he grabs my wrist, falling over my own feet and crashing down onto the cold floor. His body is right on top of me and I don't know if my breathing gets heavier because it's him or if it's because the weight on my body.

"Will you just listen to me now?", Jungkook says, his hands on either side of my head. My eyes are wide because of fear, the fear of being rejected and losing a friend. I whimper, closing my eyes as I see his angry face.

He's probably disgusted that I, a guy, kissed him. My bottom lip starts shaking and I feel tears leaking out. Soon a pair of soft lips are pressed onto mine and my eyes shoot open.

He- he's kissing me??

I feel him urging me to kiss back, cupping my cheeks and I forget where we are the moment I kiss back. The hallway disappears around us and the only thing that matters is us, two boys kissing. He pulls back and I let my head fall back on the tiles. A smile makes its way on my face but I quickly dispose of it.

Who knows... maybe he's just playing with my feelings.

Jungkook notices and frowns. "Why aren't you smiling?"

"Should I be smiling?", I retort.

Jungkook scratches his neck awkwardly, "Well we just kissed and I kinda assumed you had feelings for me".

"Those feelings don't matter if you don't feel the same", I avert my eyes away from his handsome face.

"I don't know if I feel the same", Jungkook admits and this makes me look back at him.

This is not what I wanted to hear but also not what I feared to hear.

"Really? Why did you kiss me then? To do me a favour?"

"Because I like kissing you, it's a nice feeling", he gets off me and sticks out his hand to pull me up. I cross my arms once I'm standing in front of him.

"Well figure your feelings out because I don't want to be your fuckbuddy until you decide you're finally not gay and decide to fuck Seong, who would really love that because she lured you in the bedroom before and all her friends think you're huge", I ramble, feeling the pain and insecurity swallowing me.

He intertwines our hands, immediately shutting me up.

"I'll figure my feelings out okay?", he asks, his dark eyes boring into mine.

I gulp. "Okay."