Chapter 2: Disastrous Day

*This chapter will be a flashback to the day after you've become champion, so don't be confused*

As the best day of your life felt like it had happened yesterday, so did the next day feel like ages ago, although it only had been 6 months...:

"Y/n ?"
You start opening your eyes slowly.
"Y/n, get up!" Your mom demands you.
"Your friend is here for you, and he wants to speak with you urgently. It's your friend, Hau."
Feeling a little disappointed because you first thought it would be Lillie, you quickly dress up and greet Hau.
"Alola!" You say, the usual greeting in this beautiful region.
"Alola! Y/n, i-it's a disaster, a complete disaster!"
"Hau, calm down, what's the matter?" You ask. Hau however interrupts you and says:
"Don't have time to explain right now, we've got to hurry, otherwise the ship is gonna leave!"
"Ship? What ship?"
Oh no...
A switch goes off in your head, you feel goosebumps dominating your body...I'm going to... I'm going to be a trainer or something like that seemed an option, untill now, 'cause a new option is now clearly possible: I'm going to... Kanto, Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh perhaps? Even Unova and Kalos are far away from this paradise... you can't believe it. Annoyed by the slow running, you throw out Nebby and mount him.
"Y/n, wait for me!!!" Hau yells. You ignore him in your eagerness and rush to the marina. You try to see who's standing there:
"Wait, Nebby, a little slower, I can see... is that Kukui?! Nebby ,we've got a chance! Oh no..." You sigh as you see Lillie standing in front of Kukui.
"Back in the ball, Nebby" You ask, and he obeys. You begin shouting, as you try to control the tears in your eyes:
"Lillie, where are you going ?!"

Lillie's POV

I can see a person coming out of the mist... is that Y/n? I'm so glad he's coming to say goodbye!
But that feeling changed immediately when I realised I didn't tell him. I become even more angry of myself as I hear him shouting:
"Lillie, where are you going?!"
"My god Y/n, I'm so sorry I didn't tell you! I wanted to but I didn't get the chance !"
I wanted to comfort him, and luckily he let me hug him. When we were embraced, he let his tears flow, and I couldn't help but cry as well. From the corner of my eye I see Kukui smirking, and I began to blush a bit. In the distance I heared Hau shouting, a little irritated:
"Lillie, you didn't tell us!"
I quickly answered him:
"I'm sorry Hau, I really, really wanted to... I would love to stay here, but I've decided, I have to go to Kanto... For my mother's sake, and for me to become a Pokémon trainer as well."

Reader's POV

You blushed as Lillie embraced you, and you've got a strange feeling in your stomach. You were a bit disappointed as she stopped the embrace and answered Hau. To Kanto...you curse the gods for this bad luck.
The irony of it all.
You travelled from Kanto, the region you came from, to Alola, only to see Lillie leave to Kanto. It is too far away, in your opinion.
"Y/n, whatever happens out there, I'm going to be OK... because of the smiles that you shared with me. You, Hau, and everyone else here." Lillie said as she saw your worried face.
"But...but I haven't got to tell you all the things I wanted to tell you! I'm going to send you a letter, like a really long one, you'd better wait!"
You feel your face becoming even more rigid, but you said as calm as possible:
"Of course I'll send you some letters too, Lillie."
"Thank you, Hau and Y/n, and please, take this." Lillie says as she gives you a Pokédoll, and a certain Tm to Hau, and somehow, the pokédoll seemed more precious than the Tm...
"This was my most treasured belonging once... take good care of it. I'm going to miss you so much... then I suppose...this is goodbye" She says as she turns around and walks to her boat.
"At least take Nebby with you!" You say as you grabbed the Pokéball.
"I can't, Y/n, he's yours now. Thereby, I'll come back to Alola someday... I'm already looking forward to it!" Lillie replies as she steps on the boat.
You gather your last strengths, because it feels like there are a 100 knives sticking in your heart, stand next to Kukui and start to wave, wave and wave, 'till she disappears in the mist.
You hear Hau sniffing, and professor Kukui was comforting him. As in a trance, you walked back home slowly, possibly to not get outside again that day.

That was chapter 2, what did you guys think about it ? For me, this moment in the game was really emotional, and I felt quite sad for the rest of the day, and still a few days after XD
Anyway, see you in the next chapter! Peace out!