Chapter 38: Forever

Reader's POV

'Aaah...' You moan, clearly satisfied by the Köttbullar you made for everyone eating at your house. Mom helped, of course. Three weeks had passed since you and your friends overthrew the evil teams, and a lot had happened since the big battle against Giovanni.

Cynthia and the others managed to free Lusamine after some hard battles, and Red and the people accompanying him had beaten the leaders too. Silver was kept in custody, since he has a good heart, even if he was part of an evil team. The others were thrown in jail, hopefully never to get out again. Of course, Giovanni didn't survive the fight. You freed Hau in your room after the battle, and he was happy when he realised everyone was still on the good side, and that the worst had passed. You gave Alf his freedom back, and he would sleep in the Fellowship's house in Kanto until he got enough money to buy his own.

Most of the Fellowship members have gone home a few days after the battle, after saying goodbye to everyone and thanking them. Of course, you'd still meet up from time to time.

Your best friends stayed at your place at the Hau'Oli outskirts to celebrate. Lillie put a hand on your arm:
'Isn't it strange to think about how far we've come in such a little time, Y/n?'
You smile as you look at the people who mean so much to you: Hau, Gladion, Red, Blue, Daisy, not to forget Mom, Ash (and his new girlfriend Serena) and of course, Lillie, the love of your life. Her beautiful green eyes twinkle as she stares deeply into your y/c ones.

'You're right', you answer her, 'we have a lot to be grateful for, and achieved many things.'
Gladion smirks:
'I didn't even see you during the battle.' He says calmly.
'That's because you always stay in the shadows, Gladion. I didn't see you either.' You say, laughing. Daisy puts a hand on the edgy man's shoulder:
'I didn't see either of you, I was taking care of the wounded Pokémon at the docks.'
You smile as you hear that:
'Well then, now that that's sorted, I'm really tired, so we should probably all go to bed. Hau, you can sleep on the couch if you want. As for the others except for Lillie, I think you can probably sleep at Hau's house. Everyone agrees?'
All nod, and you smile:
'Well then, I wish you all a very good nigh-'
'ALOLA, COUSIN!!!'
You get interrupted by the door swinging open, and in comes the famous Pokémon professor and old friend, Kukui. He continues:
'You guys having a party without me, yeah? Seriously? I love parties, WOO!'
As he shouts the last word, he jumps onto the table and grabs some crisps from a Komala bowl you used for that purpose.

You sigh:
'Kukui, it's great to see you again, but Arceus, why so late? We were just going to call it a day...'
He grins:
'Well, cousin, I came here to say that tomorrow, you have to go to a big celebration in your honour, woo! Everyone's going to come, yeah, every single Alolan citizen, woo! You have to be there, you all do! It's a big party in your honour, yeah!'

You shake your head:
'Holy Arceus... I'll go if the others go as well?' You say, looking at the others as to ask for their opinion.
Gladion sighs and shrugs, Lillie nods excitedly, Daisy smiles, Red is quiet, and Blue jumps on the table and hugs Kukui. Only Hau didn't do anything yet. After a few seconds of thinking, he looks at Kukui and quietly asks:
'Will there be Malasada?'
Kukui laughs:
'LOTS of Malasada, cousin! It'll be the biggest party, yeah, the world has ever seen, woo!'

And with that, everyone went to bed, both excited and stressed about the next day. Lillie didn't need a place to stay, she could just lay in your bed together with you, as you two always have been doing since you confessed your love. Laying your head on the comfy pillow, you breathe in the sweet smell of Lillie's beautiful hair, and stroking it, you tell her:
'I love you, Lillie. I always have, and I'd never want to lose you. Imagine if I had really died back there, I...-'
She puts a finger on your mouth, and her other hand softly strokes your cheek:
'Shhhh, Y/n, everything is okay now. You won't die on me, nor vice versa. We'll stay together until the end of times, you'll see!'
You nod, wiping a tear away from your eye, and give her a kiss on her cheek. She giggles when you plant another one on her collarbone, and way down you go, until you have kissed every part of her beautiful body. Both laughing and panting, your bodies intertwine, and she kisses you hard with her soft lips:
'I love you too, Y/n. More than anything.'
To finish off the tender, sensual moment, you couldn't help but giving her one last kiss on her nose, softly whispering 'boop!'.
Lillie snorts and starts laughing uncontrollably. You smile too, and lay back down again, still holding her tight. You close your eyes, and soon, reality starts fading away, and makes place for sweet dreams.