Chapter 18: Open Doors

I dedicate this chapter to a couple of amazing persons:

TheLoneWanderer17 and Bl0t0rch, two amazing writers and 'colleagues' (because we all write stories about Lillie) and probably the best friends I've ever had on internet! Thank you for reading this story, leaving comments and your kindness! Guys, check them out if you haven't already!

Let's get on with the story!

The sound of your phone interrupted your walk. Pallet was nearly in sight.
You pick up the phone:
"Hello?"
"Sweetie! It's so good to hear your voice!"
It was mom.
"Oh hi mom! How are you?"
"Fine, but that doesn't matter! How are yóú?"
"Everything is going amazing!"
"And how is Lillie? Is she alright?"
"She can tell you herself, she's listening!"
"Alright, but first: did you have any problems there?"
I'm not going to tell her.
"No, everything is fine! And Alola? Any problems there?"
She laughs:
"No! Hau is doing great as "Champion"! He's unbeaten, and he managed to change Team Skull a bit! They're doing no one harm and even help people sometimes!"
You laugh:
"Really?! Well, that's crispy news!"
"Also, there's news of a rich, famous guy, visiting Aether Paradise and Miss Lusamine! He's called James or something."
"Hmmm... never heard of him. Report the news to me if anything happens, okay?"
"Of course, darling! Have fun there, alright? Can I talk with Lillie now?"
You laugh again:
"Wellwell, I'm not needed any longer? Fine!" You say joking, "goodbye, mom, love you!"
You hand over the phone to Lillie:
"G'luck!"
She smiles:
"Hello? Hi, mom! How are you? I'm doing fine, thanks! So... uhm... okaaay?"
She walks away from you, giving a wink, and talks on. You stay where you are.
Probably discussing girly things. Oh mom...
After a few minutes, Lillie came back:
"Haha, sorry Y/n! Your mother asked me if I could talk with her in private!"
You smile:
"It's nothing. What was it she wanted to talk with you about?"
She blushes and smiles:
"Well, she wanted to know everything about you, about me, how I'm feeling, and about you and m-"
"About me aaaand?"
She blushes even harder:
"About you."
"Well, mothers can be too worried sometimes... often... always." You correct yourself, laughing.

You reached Pallet Town and ate all together in Blue's house.
You have something on your mind:
"Alright guys, I have an idea..."
Gladion nods:
"Go on."
"Well, tonight's the party, and I was thinking... perhaps we could leave a bit earlier, and go to the Sevii islands for the rest of the night. We can relax, swim..."
Blue sighs:
"But I like partying!"
You smile:
"I'm not really a party guy..."
Gladion stands up:
"I think it's a great idea. I've always wanted to see the islands, and I don't think we'll ever go there otherwise. Who's in?"
Everyone raised their hand, and finely Blue did too:
"Alright, you got me! Let's pack our swimming gear then."

You were ready packing, and you go sit outside. You release your Pokémon and give them some food:
"Here you go, guys! Enjoy!"
Suddenly, a Metapod approaches you and the food. You smile:
"Hello there, buddy! Hungry too, aren't you? Guys, make some space, and let Metapod eat."
Raichu steps aside, Metapod makes a rather cute, happy sound and begins to eat.
A Metapod in my team would be OK, actually... Butterfrees can be really strong and sweaty!
"Hey, Metapod? Would you like to join my team?"
It shakes it's body, in what appears to be a nod. You pick up a Pokéball, and it jumps against it. Triple jiggle, and caught! You send it out again:
"That's the spirit, Metapod!"
He makes that one sound again.
Perhaps I can give it to Lillie...
You send everyone back into their Pokéballs, take back the food and go back inside. Everyone was chatting with each other: Gladion and Cynthia were talking about the Sevii Islands, Ash and Dawn were having another discussion about their relationship while Daisy was listening to Red and Blue, who were having a heated discussion about meatballs. Yes, Red was talking because he felt he could win the discussion.
You raise your voice, which you don't do often:
"Alright, guys! Ready to go to the party?"
Everyone looks at you:
"Yeah!"
You don't see Lillie:
"Wait... where's Lillie?"
"Here I am!"
She comes down the stairs, looking like a goddess. She's wearing the dress you bought her back in Alola:
"Lillie... you look stunning!" You say, bending your knee, "my ice princess! I'm at your command!" You exclaim, laughing.
She blushes:
"That's kind of you to say, Y/n!"
She helps you to get up and gives you a quick kiss on the cheek:
"Come on, my knight! Take me to the party!"
You give her your arm, both laughing. Gladion smiles, and you all left to the party.