Chapter 37: Rebirth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Side note: This chapter is dedicated to my friend GDMavis , for reminding me I should probably get back into writing again. Thank you, man.

Now, onto the story! Enjoy!'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reader's POV

You run up to the balcony of your room, and see your beloved Fellowship, ready for battle. Giovanni and Lillie appear next to you, and the latter puts a hand on your arm:
'We'll be victorious, Y/n, I just knów it!'
You smile, and sneakily wink at Lillie, saying 'yes, we will'.
Giovanni beckons two grunts over, and they drag Hau inside. The evil boss throws his hands in the air:
'WHOSE FAULT IS THIS?!' He screams, hitting Hau in the face with the back of his hand. You shrink away, but manage to sustain yourself and look back:
'Maybe it was Hau who called for help, maybe not. We won't know for now, and it's not our priority to find out right now. We have bigger problems, Giovanni.'
He nods, and together, you run to the courtyard, where all the grunts have been gathered by Silver. Hau has been locked up in your room, and everyone seemed prepared for the battle. You head over to the training field and look at your grunts:
'Everyone, hear me! Today, we are united here, all together, Team Rocket, Plasma, Galactic and Flare! All our lives, all the moments you had before, have all led up to this very moment! This moment only! Here and now, life or death, happiness or misery, everything depends on your shoulders! And I believe, no, I know we will seize victory today! So fight, give it all you got, and we will see each other again soon, on earth, or in heaven!'
Your men shout their battle cries, and all together, you climb the walls Ghetsis constructed for this moment, waiting for the Fellowship to approach.

They were all sat on their Pokémon, flying in the sky. You expected them to attack you, but they waited. You saw your good friends, and realised you missed them terribly. Blue saw you too, and he waved, cheering. You couldn't sustain a smile, and unnoticeably put your hand in the air.
You felt your heartbeat in your chest, way faster than usual. This was the moment, but you didn't know when to take the chance to change sides again. You waited, and waited, and waited.

There it was. Suddenly, a huge wave, bigger than you've ever imagined, crashed upon the wall, and the grunts were either thrown off, or worse, drowned. You smile when you see May, sat on her Kyogre, surf on the wave, laughing. You summon your Charizard Ride, and prepare to fly off, when you suddenly hear Giovanni's voice calling out to you:
'Y/n! Where are you going?! You need to lead our gr-...'
He stops when he realises you're not planning to lead his grunts, and his eyes burn with anger:
'TRAITOR! I WILL-'
Right as you're up in the air above the wave, Lillie appears next to him, and her Mew blasts a purple ball towards you, going faster than a thunderbolt. You feel your body gliding off Charizard, and a second after, you only see blue water.

Lillie's POV

I winced as I saw Y/n falling, but deep down, I knew he'd be fine. He always comes back, somehow. 'Luckily', I think. Of course I didn't want to kill him, I just needed to gain Giovanni's trust a little more.
I turned my focus back to the battle, where a large chunk of the gathered forces of my beloved and the evil leaders has been demolished by Kyogre. In the meantime, my other friends sent out their Legendaries as well, and the sky got filled with some of the most powerful Pokémon in the world. The grunts grunted, and sent out their own Pokémon.
And so it begins, I think, as I summon Primarina.

The battle seemed to last forever, and my Pokémon were beginning to grow tired. A few grunts and I were taking shelter in one of the barracks, when all of a sudden, Lance came in, two Dragonites accompanying him.
One of them immediately hurled a blast of fire at a grunt, which threw him against the wall, while the other one grabbed a grunt, blew a hole in the ceiling, and flew off with him, Arceus knows where to. Probably to drop him from a high place.
Lance smirked at me as there was only one grunt left, wavering. I smiled back, and the grunt's face grimaced:
'My lady...? You, you-'
He stopped talking, and pulled a knife out of his belt:
'You will pay for this!', he screamed, as he leaped towards me with an incredible pace.