Chapter 8: Malicious Meetings

You woke up, 8 AM. Only your mom was awake. You practised some guitar, which you did to spend time to forget about Lillie before. You've become pretty good at playing guitar. A question interrupts a song you created:
"Y/n? Could you go to the baker for me, please? We're out of bread, and you don't want Lillie to have no breakfast, do you?" She grinned.
"Don't use that excuse ever again" You laugh,"But I'll go!"
You went to Hau'oli city, and went to the baker. You buy a bread and even some pastries, the baker was proud: The Champion ordered something in his bakery! Just as you were turning around, a hand touched your left shoulder, and it still burned - the pain from yesterday wasn't fully away - and a Team Rocket grunt stood behind you! Without even thinking you kissed his face, with your right hand, that is.
He fell backward, unconscious. He had a letter in his hand: Apparently he didn't want to capture you...
You excused yourself to the baker for the mess, carried the grunt to the police station and read the letter you picked up from the grunt:

Y/n,
I want to talk with you, although you most likely don't want to talk with me.
Hau'oli cemetery, 14:00, ALONE.
Giovanni

"Holy Arceus..."
You returned home and let Incineroar burn the letter. You opened the door, and your mother was talking with Lillie at the table. You handed over the bread and the pastries. Your mom thanked you.
"Goodmorning, Y/n! Did you sleep well? How's your shoulder?" Lillie asked while giving you a hug.
"Goodmorning, I did and pretty well! It only hurts when you touch it."
"Is today the day we're going to train?"
You think and answer:
"It is! However, I saw Hau at the bakery, and he asked me to battle with him at the league at 2 PM."
"Sweet, I'll come and watch!"
"I don't think you can spectate a battle at the league, I'm afraid... I'm sorry. But we can train before and after that!"
Your mom helps you:
"We can go shopping when Y/n is away, Lillie!"
Lillie's face brightens up:
"Alright, let's do some shopping this afternoon. But first, let's do the long awaited training!" She laughed.
You were glad you had Lillie by your side.
What would I do without her?
You trained with Lillie the whole noon, not only physical training but also training to form a bond between trainer and Pokémon. At the end, you and Lillie battled each other. You picked a basic team, of course.
Lillie did win, and she was very happy. You kind of let her win, but you must admit that she's not bad, very good, one would even say.
You told her that:
"If you were given a fully trained team, you would even be able to beat my team at it's full strength!"
She began to like training and battling, and that was the target of today's training.

13:45.
You left the house, gave your mother a kiss on the cheek, Lillie a hug and left.
Not to the league, but to the cemetery.
No sign of Giovanni. You looked at some of the graves: James, Robb, Toby, Michael, Steven, Kendall, Moina, Judd, Elizabeth... How late was it? 13:59.
"Oh no it isn't, it is 14:00 now" You whispered.
The ground began shaking, and suddenly a Rhydon stands behind your back. It starts sniffing, smelling you. From behind the Rhydon, a man approaches, well dressed, with a black suit, a black hat, black shoes, everything black. This must be Giovanni. You began with the Italian word for 'hello', just because Giovanni sounded Italian.
"Ciao, Giovanni. Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you or take you to prison now."
He just smiles:
"Hello, champion of Alola. I will not only give you one reason, I will give you even two!
First reason: Because I have some interesting proposals for you.
Second reason: Because you don't have the power to beat me."
"You think so? And you said proposals?"
Not that you were interested in those proposals, but it certainly was a fascinating person that stood before you.
He smiled again:
"Well, I said you are not strong enough to beat me - no one is - but it certainly is true that you are very strong, and that you have great potential. I have many grunts, but no one of them is really strong on his own. I have no right-hand man... That's why I make this offer. Think about it, Y/n, you and I can rule this world together. You won't only be the champion of Alola, you will be the champion of the world! Money, women, everything will be within reach!"
"You disappoint me, Giovanni. I expected more of the leader of the most notorious team in the world! Been absent for too long, isn't it?
You're nearly like Guzma! Did you really think I would accept this offer?"
That was not exactly true, 'cause he surely is intimidating, and he's very convincing.
He smiled, seems to be his habit, but not a heartily smile, more like a smirk:
"I didn't. But I wanted to see what kind of man you are. Now I know!"
What did he want with Lillie?
"What does Lillie have to do with this? And why did you made this offer then?"
"You'll see! And I've made this offer now so that I don't have to tell you next time, when you WILL accept it!"
You smile too:
"There will be no next time, Giovanni. You're coming with me" You say, picking up a Pokéball.
He laughs, a cruel one, and teleported away, together with the Rhydon.
You immediately called Charizard and flew back home, worried about Lillie. You pushed your Charizard too hard, and it was very tired as you arrived at the Hau'oli outskirts. You sprinted the last part yourself. You stormed inside:
"Lillie?!"
Luckily you hear her voice coming from her room:
"Y/n? Is that you? I'm
trying to put on my newly buyed clothes! Give me a second!"
She came out a few seconds later, and she was beautiful, as always:
"And? Do you like it?"
Your mother buyed her an icy blue dress, which suited her perfectly.
"It's amazing, I'm in love with the colour, it fits you perfectly!"
"Ouh, that's sweet! Thank you, Y/n! She said, and she gave you a kiss on the cheek. She apparently saw you were worried, she knew you too well:
"Is something wrong? You seem worried. Tell me."
"No, it's nothing. I won against Hau, but I'm just a bit worried about Team Rocket..." You lied partly.
She hugs you:
"You don't have to be worried about them! Nor about me! I'm fine, and you're the Champion! You can beat all those Team Rocket people in one shot!"
That sheered you up, and you started laughing:
"Sure! But really, I've got to train hard from now on..."
"You don't have to. And thereby, you can't..."
You didn't understand:
"What do you mean, I can't?"
"Come with me outside, and I'll tell you."
You walked outside and sat next to her on a bench, and she took your hand:
"Well, Y/n, I've been thinking about this for a while, and I have talked with both my mother and yours... They agreed."
"Don't say you're going back to Kanto!"
"I am..."
You don't believe it...
"I am coming with you then! I'm not going to leave you, not again!"
She smiles:
"Well, that was the arrangement! You and I, we're going to Kanto! You need an adventure again, and I am going to challenge the gyms again. Perhaps you can challenge them too!"
"Lillie, I can't believe it... I... this is a great idea! I'll put my party in my PC box and I'll only use them in need! I'll build a new team, teach you how to battle well, challenge the gyms, and perhaps become the Kanto champion too! Lillie, I..."
"I know! I knew you were going to like it!" She cood, and kissed you on the cheek. She continued, as excited as ever:
"We'll leave tomorrow! I have a document here that you need to fill in first."
The document was about appointing a champion in your absence. You appointed Hau, because he was pretty strong, and a good friend after all.
You also gave 300.000 Pokédollars to your mom, to come around while you were away.
Lillie gave you another thing:
"This is your ferry ticket, I have mine in my suitcase. I have to ask you one more thing, and perhaps you won't like this one: I met two trainers during the shopping, one called Red and the other called Blue, who came from Kanto, and they're also returning to Kanto tomorrow. It seemed they knew you, and they asked us to come along: We are even allowed to stay in Red's home while we are there! Is that alright?"
Your smile even grew bigger:
"Lillie, you don't know who they even are! Yes, I want to travel with them to Kanto! They don't know I am the champion though."
Interested she asked:
"What do you mean? Who are they?"
"Red is a legendary trainer, who defeated Giovanni and disbanded Team Rocket long ago! And I think Blue is the champion, and Red's best friend!"
She laughed:
"Wow, I'm in the company of many famous trainers then!"
You laughed too:
"You'll become one too, I promise!"
Before she could answer, your mom calls:
"Supper!"
After supper, your mother, Lillie and you watched a Pokémon contest and talked about the journey that was about to begin.
When it was time to sleep, you pulled the blanket over Lillie as usual.
"I am glad that the boy who came here from Kanto turned out to be you, Y/n."
This was a time yóú gave hér a kiss on the forehead, normally that was her thing to do.
"That's sweet. Goodnight, Lillie."
"Night night, Y/n!"
You went to your room and fell asleep, thinking about the adventures that were to come... You stared at the Wingulls flying, and the shining moon was the last thing you saw that day...

Chapter 8 is finished, fams! Hope you did enjoy it, chapter 9 will come soon, with the beginning of a new adventure! Stay tuned! Sorry for the slow uploads sometimes, I've got so much work for school, man!Anyway, take care and see you in the next chapter!