Chapter 4: Bold Battles

You sigh as you ascend the stairs to your champion throne. Yet another challenger has come to face you, but you aren't in a very good mood. You sit down, and a few seconds later, your challenger appears.
You start to laugh:
"Oh man, this nostalgia!" As you see Kukui mounting the stairs. He smiles at you:
"Great to see you again, cousin! Let's have a great battle again like before, yeah?"
"Sure thing!" You respond, as he throws out Lycanroc.

*Timeskip*

You are becoming more and more irritated as Kukui knocks out your Pokémon. You've only got one Pokémon left: your starter, Incineroar.
"Incineroar, I choose you!" You shout a bit salty. In normal circumstances, you could've easily swept Kukui's team away in no time, but you were not with your thoughts, you seemed bothered, and apparently your face did too, you found out soon:
"What's going on, Y/n, are you concentrated? You seem a bit tired, are you well?"
"Quite well, yeah! Incineroar, flamethrower!" You shout, as result that Snorlax goes down. It's your last Pokémon versus Kukui's last Pokémon. You're glad that his last one turns out to be Magnezone, as you've got type advantage now.
"You're lucky this time, Y/n!"
"Both unlucky and lucky, Kukui."
It was tough to beat that Magnezone, despite the type advantage. With his last strenghts, Incineroar used flamethrower, Magnezone lost, and therewith also Kukui.
"Ah darn it, I should've won..." Kukui said,"But anyways, great battle, yeah! Looking forward to the next one, Y/n, and then I'll beat you, woo!"

*Timeskip*

You enter your house, and instantly your mom sees and hugs you:
"Y/n, you battled great! I watched every second of it on TV!" She smiled.
You answer:
"I wasn't as good as I had to be, I was pretty bad, really..."
"Well, it doesn't matter, does it? You won, and that's what you had to do. Besides, I've got some great news!" You're still a little bit salty, and answer:
"The only great news I want to hear of is that of a ship arriving from Kanto."
She hugs you again, saying:
"I know that's what you really want, but I also know you want to hear this too: There are no more challengers for your title for you this month, so you can have a break!"
You smiled, as you answered:
"That is good news indeed, but instead of a break, I need an adventure, like before..."
"I know, Y/n, but I can't give you that. What I can give you, is some sushi! Want some?"
"As sure as the sun rises every morning!" You reply, excited by the thought of the delicious sushi. You fall asleep, again thinking of the one you are always thinking of.

*The next morning*

You laugh as you breath in the fresh morning-air of Alola. It's the first time you go to the beach in the morning, but you decided that you'd do some training there, now that you've got a break. You were staring at the sea, when you suddenly feel a hand on your shoulder:
"Goodmorning, Y/n, is this the meeting we spoke of?" Gladion asked, as it was him.
"Perhaps it is, perhaps it is not, who knows? Good to see you anyways, Gladion. I was just chilling here, you know, doing some fitness exercices and such."
Gladion smiles:
"Well, talking about exercices... why don't you and I have a battle? It's been a while."
You sigh, and say with a smile:
"I want to, but it seems like Arceus doesn't favor me in battles recently."
He laughs:
"What does it matter? Y/n, you're the champion! Do you really think I could beat you, even on this cold morning? It's just training, by the way, no stress."
You sigh:
"You got me, let's do it."
Gladion goes to the other side of the marina, his back turned to the water of the sea, and throws his first Pokémon out:
"Crobat, I choose you!"

*Timeskip*

Gladion's POV

"You see, Y/n, I really can't seize victory against you!"
I smile, but am still believing in my chances, although I've only got one Pokémon left:
"Silvally, my ever faithful companion, I choose you!"
I see Y/n's eyes sprankle of joy, as he sees my Silvally. He still has 2 pokémon left...
"Okay Silvally, multi-attack his Golisopod!"
Because my Silvally was an electric type, Golisopod fainted in one shot!
"Y/n, it still is exciting, isn't it?"
I smile, but startled when I saw that his last one was Solgaleo.
"Silvally, multi-attack again, please."
I watch closely as my Silvally hits the Solgaleo that was my sister's once.
Y/n grimaced, as he saw one of his favorite Pokémon got hurt, but then he shouted:
"Solgaleo, time to finish it off with Sunsteel strike!"
I could only watch Nebby float in the air, while he sets up his signature move.
"Steady, Silvally... wait for it... NOW, dodge! ... Holy Arceus, that was close, Y/n!" I say when I see Silvally barely dodging the powerful move.
"Aye, it was..."
Full of excitement, I asked Silvally one last time:
"Silvally, you know what to do! Finish him off!"
Silvally struck Solgaleo with his multi-attack, and now Y/n didn't even seem to have noticed it, strange...
"Y/n, Y/n, I've won! Euhm, I mean, well played!"
Y/n didn't even look at me for one second.
"Y/n, is everything alright ?"
Suddenly, a big smile is growing on his face...

Reader's POV

From somewhere, you hear Gladion, shouting:"Y/n, Y/n, I've won!"
After a few seconds, you looked at the battlefield and saw Nebby, fainted.
Nearly able to controll your voice, you whispered:
"B- back in the ball, Nebby... You did well."
Gladion asked:
"Y/n, what's the matter? You seemed to be, like... in another world or something..."
You smile:
"You will find the answer if you just look behind you, Gladion."
You watch him looking behind, as your smile grows bigger and bigger:
"Tell me, friend, how often does it happen that a ship comes to Alola?"
He looks back at you, grinning:
"Like once a year or something like that... do you think there is a chance tha-?"
You interrupt him:
"Oh hell yeah I do!"
You turn away from Gladion and start running to the ferry terminal at the marina. You see a lady behind the desk and ask her, in a rush:
"Excuse me, Miss, may I take a moment of your time? There is a ship arriving, I want to know when it arrives and especially where she's from."
She nods:
"The ship is going to arrive in... about 3 hours, and it is a ship from Vermilion City."
You were thinking: Vermilion City, is that... Sinnoh? No, it can't be, because it somehow sounds familiar... Oh I remember! My mom and I caught a wingull there! So... it is Kanto!!!
You could nearly hug the lady: "THANK YOU MISS!" You shout out loud. You get out, and see Gladion still standing there, with a questioning look:
"And? From where is the ship?"
Surprisingly calm, you said:
"Kanto, Gladion... the ship is from Kanto! But... we still don't know if Lillie is on that ship."
He nods and asks:
"What should we do next?"
You shrugged and replied:
"We'll wait, Gladion, or better perhaps: I'll wait, and you go to Iki town and warn the others that Lillie is going to return, maybe!"
Gladion nodded, called his Charizard- glide and flew away. You called out Nebby once again, stroke his manes and let him follow you. You found a good spot to overview all the arriving people, and sat down, next to Nebby.
"She's coming, Nebby, I just know it, believe me."
And with those words, you prepared yourself for 3 hours of long waiting...

So guys, this was chapter 4. I want to ask you a question: What would you like to see happening in this story? Hope you've been enjoying the story so far, and see you next chapter !