Chapter 33: Accede

Reader's POV

You wipe the dust from your pants and get up:
"I think we have enough members to drive Team Rocket out of Kanto now."
Blue was still laying in the grass of your garden, relaxing, as he has always done the past few days. He sighs:
"Are you sure, Y/n? Shouldn't we wait a little longer?"
You turn around, as bitten by a snake:
"We shouldn't, Blue. We have waited long enough. I want to find out where they are, and then attack, as soon as possible."
Daisy stops next to Blue to give him some coffee she made, and gives a cup to you next:
"But it's Christmas today!"
You nod:
"Another good reason to celebrate tonight, after we've beat up some grunts and found out where their hideout is."

Steven shows up from behind you, holding May by her waist:
"Y/n is right. I know you Kantonians are glad to be able to stay here for Christmas, but some people also like to be home on Christmas. That won't be possible today, but at least we want to get home as soon as possible."
Lance and Cynthia nod as well, and Cynthia joins the fray:
"I came to Kanto, traveling on my own, just as a nice way of vacation. Don't get me wrong, I like to be here and I love to help you all with this. But I'm sure my grandparents like me to be there for them as well."

You look deep into Blue's eyes:
"I've made my decision. I will go to search for Team Rocket either way, and whoever wants to come with me is more than welcome."

"Y/n"
You hear Lucario's voice in your head, and you apologise to your friends, running back inside, to your room.

"Yes, Lucario? Is everything alright? Did you find Lillie? Awe, I'm so glad this works!"
"Yes, I'm glad your Aura is strong enough. I found Lillie, she's all safe and well, she's sitting next to me now. I've been training her to use Aura communication, I'm sure you'll be able to properly talk soon."
"Lovely! Please tell Lillie I love her, and that I'll be coming soon, and..."
You chuckle, it's still weird to be telling those things to a Lucario. You decide to continue:
"You know what to tell her, I'm sure. I can't wait to talk to her soon... oh, and wish her a Merry Christmas as well! I'm sorry I can't be there for now..."
"That's fine, I'm sure she'll have fun to celebrate it with her family too, although she'd be happier if you'd be here too. But she knows you'll be here soon. I actually wanted to talk with you about something."
"What is it? I'm listening."
"Lillie told me she's suspicious about the Aether Foundation. She told me it's not the same as it used to be. Of course a year has passed, but she says it has a strange, uncomfortable vibe. And that James is a weird one, apparently. She'll watch him carefully."
You hold your breath:
"Please let her watch out for herself as well. I'll come there as soon as possible, it won't be long. Tell her not to trust anyone."
"I will. I'll keep you updated."
"Cheers. I have to go now, I'm going to find some Rocket grunts."
"Be careful. I'll talk to you soon again."
"You too, Midos! Take care!"

No answer followed, so you stood up and prepared to leave. Your bag, your Alolan team, your cap, and Rotom too. This will do.
You open the door to go outside, and, to your surprise, it was snowing!
Unfortunately, Lillie isn't here. I'm sure she'd like this.

You saw the Fellowship, sitting around their fire, listening to a radio. Gladion gives you a sign, beckoning you to come over. You run towards the radio and listen attentively:
To the bosses of the heroic organisations. We, the great Team Rocket, have successfully taken over the Lavender Radio Tower. We are calling out to you. Help us with conquering the world, and you'll get what you've always wanted.
The message kept rewinding over and over again, and the others look into your eyes. As if someone asked you something, you nod and mount Charizard. You look at the whole bunch:
"Is anyone coming with me?"
They all stood up and mounted their Flying type Pokémon. You smiled.
They can be annoying sometimes, but when you need them, they'll always show up.