four

"Kellin, what is it? What's wrong?" Gabe asked me.

"Gabe... What if I'm pregnant?" I said in horror. I hated that I had the ability to, but that's why I was always so careful. The nagging thought, remember?

"Kellin, are you?"

"I don't know!" I yelled, throwing down my bag. Gabe rushed to my side and sat us down on the concrete sidewalk that led to the parking lot. He took my hands in his and looked me in the eyes. However, mine were shut tightly. I didn't want to look anywhere. I didn't even want to breathe.

"Kellin, look at me, you have to breathe, okay?" I nodded slightly as Gabe breathed with me. In 1, 2, 3; out 1, 2, 3. It was that easy. It was really easy, so why wasn't it working.

"Gabe, Gabe, I don't want to be pregnant. I don't want to be pregnant." I cried into his chest as he brought me into a hug and rubbed my back in a way he knew would calm me down.

"It'll be alright, Kellin. I promise. We'll go to the drugstore to pick up a test and you'll stay at my house for the weekend. It'll be alright, just breathe." Gabe said, reassuringly. I held back any more tears that would prickle through my eyelashes as my breathing hitched before evening out. I let out a deep breath and wiped my nose. I stayed in Gabe's arms — he was always so warm.

"Thank you," I said in a small manner.

"You better?" I nodded. As good as I could be with this burden on my mind.

Gabe helped me up and to his car as he got my stuff and put it in. We drove to the drugstore that was around the corner and he quickly went inside to get the tests while I waited in the car. I was so anxious. I mean, what if I was pregnant? I don't want to raise this baby on my own. I couldn't; I wouldn't.

It wasn't long before Gabe came out and we were on our way to his house. I was a good thing we carpooled together because I really didn't feel like driving. When we got inside, Gabe put our stuff down and handed me the box.

"Go in there," He pointed to the bathroom right across the way. "I'll be right outside the door. You come out when you've peed on it and are waiting for the results." He directed. I sighed and nodded as he followed me to the door, but stayed outside as I went in.

"Here we go," I said to myself and I pulled down my pants to pee.

When I was finished, I opened the door and Gabe and I waited together. We got what I really wasn't that excited to see, though.

"Positive." I breathed.

"Positive," He said, bringing me in for a hug as tears reached the brim of my eyes. But, I didn't cry. Instead, I stopped and pulled away from Gabe.

"Help me find out who the dad is," I demanded. I had to find out. I wasn't going to be alone in this whole thing.