seven

I woke up the next morning to the smell of pancakes, eggs, and sausage. It all smelled so good that my mouth was watering and my stomach was growling the minute I woke up. I forgot I slept at Gabe's. Thank god I did though.

I got up and went to the bathroom first, peeing and brushing my teeth before I basically ran to the kitchen.

"What are you cooking? Is it for me?" I asked, sitting down where the food was.

"Yes, yes, it's for you. I thought you would be hungry since you've had morning sickness for a couple weeks now." He said, sipping his coffee. I smiled at him and thanked him as I dug in quickly. It was like heaven was touching my tongue and giving me a taste of beauty.

"Alright, so, you have that thing with Vic today and your appointment tomorrow. Depending on what your doctor says, I might not send you to work Monday." Gabe said. He was sitting on the couch in the living room and I had just finished eating, but I still looked at him like he was crazy.

"Are you my personal assistant now? I thought I had Jaime for that." I joked. I hopped down from the high chair and went over to where Gabe was sitting.

"Hey, take it easy," He said said with scrunched eyebrows. I rolled my eyes in response. "But, no. I am, basically, being your boyfriend through all of this because I am responsible for you," He explained. Gabe and I both know that he wasn't actually responsible for me. He just liked taking care of me, that's all.

"Whatever." I huffed and stretched my legs out. I needed to go to my house. I didn't want to be at Gabe's anymore. He'd probably make me rest all day. Although, I could use a foot massage... Maybe Gabe could give me one since he wanted to take care of me anyway.

"Hey, Gabey," I sweet talked him. He looked at me with raised eyebrows and an expectant look upon his face.

"What?"

"Foot massage?" I asked, batting my eyelashes at him as a way to try and sell my proposal. He rolled his eyes and groaned, giving in. I cheered as he gave me one and mumbled under his breath. I shrugged him off, though. Free foot massage for me!

I sat there as Gabe did his magic and watched. Man, he was actually pretty good at this. It felt really good and the tension in my ankles was soothed quickly. I yawned and put my head back on the pillow as I drifted off to sleep. Well, I tried to sleep. My ringtone woke me up.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Kellin. It's Vic."

"Oh, hi, Vic." I greeted. Gabe had stopped working by now so he could try and listen in, but I waved him off and sat up. "What's up?"

"Nothing really." He sighed. "Listen, uh, why don't we grab some lunch in a bit? I can pick you up at 12:30." He suggested.

"Okay, that sounds good. I'll see you then," I said, hanging up the phone call as Gabe looked at me and waited for the details of the conversation.

"I'm going to lunch with him at 12:30," I said with a sigh. "Why are you not rubbing my feet?"

"It's 12 now." He said, letting go of my feet and pushing my legs off of his lap. "And your feet are gross, that's why. Now go get dressed." He instructed and I followed.

I had to get dressed anyway, so I made my way to my house (which wasn't too far from where we were) and got ready. I didn't know what to wear, though. What could I wear? I didn't want to dress up because that'd be so much work and I'd be uncomfortable. But, then again, Vic was taking me out for lunch. I had to look presentable, at least, right?

I shook my head and chuckled. Sweatpants and a crew neck it is!

It didn't take long for me to get ready. I barely even did my hair, just put it up in a loose bun. It also didn't take long for Vic to ask where I lived and come knocking at my door. So, needless to say, I was in the car with Vic and going to lunch quicker than I thought.

"So, why are we going to lunch?" I asked as Vic tapped on his steering wheel, turning into the restaurant.

"Well, I thought it would be better if we bonded since I, you know, got you pregnant and you expect me to help out."

"Do you not want to help out?" I asked as he pulled into a parking spot and turned off the car. He didn't say anything, though, so I spoke again.

"You know this is your kid, right? I have a kid in a uterus that is in my body because of some screwed up genetic mutation that happened when I was developing as a fetus," I said in a monotone voice. It was like I was used to saying that, but I wasn't. I just hated mentioning it.

"No," He chuckled. "No, I do want to help out. I'm just getting used to the whole idea that I am going to be a dad. I wouldn't ever leave you to do it by yourself," That's a better answer; I smiled.

"Thank you." I said as I got out of the car and waited for him to do the same. We walked into the restaurant together soon after.