fifteen

"Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up," I said, out of breath, as I rushed Vic and myself out the door. We were late to my own damn baby shower and I couldn't believe it.

"Do you have, like, everything?" Vic said, jumping in the front seat after making sure I was situated in the passenger.

"I think so, let's just go," I urged and he nodded, pulling out of the driveway quickly.

"I can't believe we're going to be late." I sighed with a chuckle towards the end. It crossed my mind why we were going to be late and I couldn't help but make light of it.

"I think, us being late will be worth it." Vic winked and continued to drive. I nodded and sunk back in my seat as much as my body would allow before it started aching. Being pregnant was tiresome. I was this huge balloon of hormones and excessive eating and I hated it. I closed my eyes and huffed, trying to get some sleep before we got there.

I managed to get a least an hour in, I think. But, regardless, Vic was waking me up and helping me out of the car in a short time as my mom greeted me and Vic and brought us inside.

"Hey, sorry I'm late, mom. We totally lost track of time." I huffed, making up a tiny fib. I looked at Vic and he chuckled, hugging my mom in the process. It was like they were best friends now, it killed me.

"That's okay, darling. Just go take a seat and say hi to everyone. I want Vic to put those muscles to use," My mom told me as I laughed and got some juice and socialized for a bit. I said hi to all the cousins I haven't seen in months and the uncles that loved to tell stories about the past. It was all so nice, I missed my family.

But, I was starting my own family now and that thought was kind of intriguing. Don't get me wrong, I was so happy that I was. It was a real eye opener, but it was kind of unexpected. I just had to stop going to work so frequently and take up the life of a pregnant guy. Nonetheless, it was a stress reliever whenever Vic was with me. Even now, I looked at him and smiled. He got along with my family well and I wondered what I would be like with his. Would they like me?

"Hey there, beautiful," I heard Vic say as he sat down next to me.

"Hey." He kissed me on the lips and threw his arm around my shoulders.

"It was nice meeting some of your family," Vic said as I leaned into him. "They're pretty friendly. I think they like me. Where's your dad?"

"He died a few years ago," I responded in monotone. It wasn't a big deal and I had done my deed of mourning, but it was still awkward to acknowledge.

"I'm sorry, Kells." Vic hugged me and I hugged back.

"That's okay," I said. It was silent for a bit as we looked at each other. I liked his company, it was so warm.

"When can I meet your family?" I thought aloud. Vic tensed up but I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

"My family is... different. A lot different than yours anyway,"

"That's okay, every family is different. Mine just loves Martha Stewart and Gabe." I shrugged and Vic laughed.

"That's true." He sighed. "Mine just likes to cook and yell," He explained.

"I wanna meet them,"

"You do, seriously?" I nodded. It only made sense to, anyway.

"Next week we'll set up dinner." Vic kissed the side of my head and sighed, pulling me into his lap and resting his chin on my shoulder. "I love you,"

"I love you too,"