six

Oddly enough, I was calm right now. I was relaxed. I mean, there was nothing I could really do at this point except wait with Gabe for that guy to come. It didn't take too long, either. He was at the door within a half hour.

"That was quick." I pointed out as I stood behind Gabe at the door.

"Maybe he thought he was getting a blow job and wanted to rush over." He mumbled. I didn't have the stomach to snicker right now.

Gabe opened the door and the man was there with a rose and a smile, but Gabe rolled his eyes and swung the door open wider to reveal me before stepping out the way and inviting him in the house.

"Wow, it's you." He chuckled, handing me the flower. "This is for you, beautiful." I accepted it hesitantly and held it as I walked back to the living room to sit down. It was beginning.

"So, what, threesome or something?" He said with a chuckle, but I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not. I sighed and buried my head in my hands as Gabe threw his hands up and huffed down on the chair adjacent from us.

"No, listen. I am Kellin and this is Gabe."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Vic. Oh, sorry, is this your boyfriend?" I shook my head.

"No, he's not." I said.

"Well, okay. It's nice to meet you both. Why am I over here then?" He, Vic, asked.

"I have important news to tell you, but I need you to actually understand it first before we get going, alright?" He nodded. Here goes nothing.

"Okay. When we had sex, we didn't use a condom. I don't know what came over me for when I decided to keep going without one because I have always used one no matter what. But, that was a mistake, Vic."

"Why? I told you I was clean,"

"I know, but I was born with certain female qualities that I have always had to look out for when I did certain things, specifically sex." I started. He looked at me plainly.

"I have the ability to get pregnant, Vic." He gazed back at me with a dumbfounded look. "So after that night and not using a condom, I've become pregnant with your kid." I spilled.

"You're pregnant. From me? From one night, weeks ago? And you're sure it's mine?" I nodded to all of his questions. "You took a test? Did you go to a doctor? I- I mean, god."

"I took a test an hour ago. It's over there if you want to see it. I actually have a monthly appointment coming up in a few days so if you want to go to that, you can." I said as nonchalant as possible. In reality, my heart was racing.

"Why would I want to go to that?"

"Because you're apart of this? I'm not doing this shit alone. That's not who I am."

"You have that guy!" He shouted at me, standing up and pointing at Gabe. Gabe got noticeably upset, though, and stood up to move toward us. I was the only one sitting down now and I felt a bit uncomfortable.

"You need to sit the fuck down and lower your voice." Gabe yelled back at Vic, towering over him. He was so overprotective when it came to this that I felt a bit embarrassed.

"Now, you're going to that damn appointment because I am not the guy that got Kellin pregnant. You are. Take the responsibility." I looked at Gabe and held back a chuckle. Gabe seemed intense but he was a sweetheart and seeing him this upset was laughable. I know I shouldn't be laughing because I was in a terrible situation, but, you know what they say, laughter is the best medicine.

Vic looked at him with obvious fear and sat back down, listening to Gabe's instructions. "Okay, I'm sorry. This is all just a lot to take in." He sighed, putting his head in his hands for a second to wipe his face before he looked back up at me.

"Don't you find it a bit fucked that you didn't say that, though?" Vic said after a while.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"I mean, you just kept going. I understand hormones, believe me, but you should have at least said something then. Otherwise, I would have you know, pulled out." He was right. Vic was one-hundred percent right, actually, and I knew it. I shouldn't have continued, but this was a mistake. It was a huge one, but a mistake nonetheless and we needed to figure it out together.

"Well, I guess we're in this together then, huh?" Vic accepted, looking at my face of terror.

"Yeah." I gave a small smile.

"Alright. Well, would you like to hang out tomorrow then? I have work at 6 so maybe we could meet up before then." He suggested. I was surprised at how much his attitude changed. I mean, he still seemed like he wanted no part in this, but he seemed to be trying to adapt.

"Okay, sounds good. Just let me know. Thanks a lot for coming." I said. "I know it's a whole lot to take in, I myself just found out. I hope I don't scare you away or anything." I said in a small tone. I really didn't want to be in this alone. I mean, I knew I had Gabe no matter what but he wasn't the one that got me pregnant, like he said, Vic was, but it was also my fault completely.

"I doubt you will. I'll text you. Goodnight, the two of you." He said to me, nodding at Gabe who was standing behind me a few feet away with his arms crossed.

"I don't like him."

"You'll have to get used to him." I yawned.

"You need sleep. We'll call your mom in the morning." Shit, I forgot about my mom in all this. I definitely couldn't tell her right now, though, it was too early. I didn't want to disappoint her with all this, anyway.

"How about we not? I don't want her to find out right now, it's not a good idea." I said, Gabe shrugged and walked away.

"Goodnight, Kellybear. See your sour face in the morning." I nodded and followed his lead. It was going to be different from now on. Everything was.