thirteen

I walked into work with a smile on my face. I felt on top of the world right now and it was like nothing could bring me down from that. Soon, I was on the floor where the main offices were and walked into Gabe's with the same smile.

"Hey!" I said, walking over to him. He had just hung up the phone and looked at me with wide eyes, coming towards me with open arms.

"What are you doing here, K?" He asked.

"Vic dropped me off, but I figured I could catch up on any paperwork I needed to, you know?" I explained. Gabe nodded.

"Well, you're huge." I rolled my eyes. Like I didn't know that.

"That's what happens when you're pregnant with twins." I groaned, resting my feet on the desk.

"Twins?!" Gabe shouted. Oh, right...

"Yeah," I chuckled, nervously. I couldn't escape the ear full I was about to get. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. It hasn't been long since I found out. It's only been like, what, two days? Mom said hi by the way." I rambled. Gabe looked at me, unimpressed.

"I know it's because of Vic and you're lucky I think you two would make a good pair." Gabe sighed.

"Yeah, well, we're going on a date tonight, Gabey,"

"I'd love to but I have my own plans." He snickered, but I rolled my eyes.

"Ignoring your joke, who are you going out with tonight?"

"Someone named Ivory. She's cute and I'm excited." He explained. I smiled at Gabe's excitement. I was glad he was finally getting back out there, it had been a while.

"Good, I don't want you to die alone." I groaned as I got up and waddled to the door.

"I'll bring you lunch soon," Gabe told me. I nodded and made my way to my office. Yay, work. I had full intentions to work, but then I saw the couch I had put in and my mind had other plans. Plans that I felt no need to alter and, soon, I found myself taking a well deserved nap instead.

I slept for, maybe, two hours before Gabe came in and took me home. I thanked him over and over and he only brushed me off. I had the greatest best friend in the world.

When I got home I noticed it to be nearing four and figured I should get ready. I slipped on some leggings, since no other pants could fit me right now, and a long sleeve shirt. I looked bummy but this is what Vic would have to make do with.

Vic came around 5, as promised, and I smiled, giving him a kiss on the cheek as we stood on my porch.

"Sorry I'm not too presentable. Nothing else really fits me," I apologized and motioned towards my balloon of a stomach. Vic shrugged and took hold of my hand.

"That's okay. I want to show you something," He explained as we walked down the stairs and made our way down the street.

"How was work, then?" I asked as we held hands and walked in sync. It was peaceful.

"It was good. Just had to do some routine things but, other than that, it was pretty okay." Vic smiled. I swear, every time I saw that smile my heart grew larger.

"How do you even run a nightclub?" I wondered.

"Kind of like a restaurant, but without as much food. Without food, basically." He chuckled. "I hire people, fire people, stock alcohol, make renovations, all that jazz. It's actually not too bad. It sounds sleazy, though."

"I think it's cool. It's different."

"Thanks?" I laughed with a nod. "How do you co-own a law firm?"

"Paperwork and clients," I stated. Lots of paperwork.

"Lame." I nudged him, but Vic took hold of my other hand and spun me around to face the other direction.

"Okay, when I turn you around you're going to be like, 'This is so beautiful, Vic! Thank you, I love you, this is awesome!'" Vic mimicked in a high voice. I couldn't help but snort as he did arm movements and everything. What a dork.

"Mm, I don't know. Maybe I'll think it's ugly,"

"Doubt it. You'll love it and you'll never want to leave,"

"I don't think you're that clever, darling." I snickered.

"Yeah, I am! I can show you, Qui-" I turned around swiftly and looked at the scene in front of me. There was a small body of water adjacent to a public garden we were beside and the sun hit it with ease, allowing for the many colors of the sunset to fill its area. It truly did look beautiful, especially this time of day.

"You weren't supposed to look yet!" Vic whined, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me into him with a pout. I tapped his chest lightly and kissed him promptly.

"You're adorable but, yes, I love it," I admitted and he smiled in triumph.

"I knew you would. Let's si,." He suggested as we made our way to a bench that overlooked the area.

We sat there for a bit, just watching and making conversation. I rested my head on his shoulder and Vic often left adoring kissing on the top of my head that left my heart to go in a frenzy.

"Vic?" I spoke up. He hummed a response.

"Whenever I'm with you, it's weird,"

"How so?"

"My heart goes weird and it's like we're meeting for the first time even though it's been months., I explained. Vic only laughed.

"What's so funny?"

"I feel like that too, but I have a name for it," He told me. "I call it, love." I looked into his eyes with a small smile.

"You love me?" Vic sighed and grabbed my hand gently again.

"I do. I mean, it's been five months, we're having kids and you are on my mind constantly. Not even out of worry, though. It's out of curiosity of how you're doing and who you are because your personality makes me so happy," He explained, but I leaned forward and kissed him with ease. It didn't take long for him to kiss me back but it felt different.

This time, there was so much passion that was here. It was like we were conveying how we felt with our current action and it all felt right. I broke apart quickly and Vic huffed, catching the breath I stole.

"I love you too," I told him and we smiled at each other. That's all we wanted to do, it felt like, and I was perfectly okay with that because Vic's company was comforting and I couldn't have asked for someone better to experience this night with. Everything was worth it right now. Everything was good.