ten

I woke up from my nap with a groan. My back was killing me and I had a craving movie theater popcorn. I rolled over on my side, stuffing a pillow under my hip to relieve some pressure and grabbed my phone that laid on the sheets.

I saw I had plenty of missed messages, mainly from Gabe and Vic, but I also had a missed call from my mom. My mom. Man, she had been on my mind for the last two days. I mean, I knew I had to tell her, but I just think of a way how.

Granted, I wasn't really focused on that part. Vic was distracting me. We'd been hanging out a lot more and it was really fun. We had a lot in common, but there was also a sense of, I don't know, comfort between us. It was like he understood my jokes before I said them and, on top of that, he didn't take my sarcasm too seriously. It was good and I found myself smiling at the thought of it all; Vic was a good guy.

As I laid there, my phone rang and Vic popped up on my screen. I waited for a second to answer.

"Hello?" I said, holding back a smile. Why was I so giddy today?

"Hey, Kellin. Mind if I come over to hang out? I got food and I figured you were hungry," He suggested. I could tell he was in his car already because he was kind of yelling into the phone. I laughed and nodded.

"Sure, that sounds good. The door will be open, I don't feel like getting up from my bed." I sighed and sat up.

"Alright, see you soon, cutie." My heart sped up at the mention and he hung up soon after.

While I waited, I thought. I thought of when I would tell my mom and what I would actually say to her. It wasn't like Vic was my boyfriend, although it would be a lot better if he was. Then, showing up to my mom's door with this baby bump wouldn't be so bad. I let out a small huff and threw my head back on my headboard as someone knocked on my bedroom door.

"Come in, " I said, not bothering to look up.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Vic asked as he walked in. Immediately the smell of fried dough filled the room and my stomach grumbled.

"Fine, you?" I said in monotone.

"I'm good." He smiled. Vic's smile was always so nice and inviting. I liked it a lot. "What's the matter?" He sat down in front of me and took my hands in his, playing with them as he looked down.

"I'm just thinking of stuff."

"What stuff?"

"My mom. I have to tell her, you know?" I sighed, looking at him. He shrugged.

"Why don't we just invite her to tomorrow's appointment?"

"That's a good idea," I thought. "You'd have to meet her, though, are you okay with that?"

"Yeah, it's fine. Don't you know that parents love me?" He joked.

"Oh, because of your great personality?" I retorted..

"Isn't that why you like me?"

"Who said I liked you?" I snorted.

"So, you don't?" I looked at him with a smirk. "Alright, I'll take my food and go then, Kells." Kells, that was new. "See you around."

"No," I whined and hugged him, pulling him back down with me. He was now laying on me and I was squeezing him tight like a kid with a teddy bear.

"Ugh, okay," Vic said, rubbing my back and sitting back up as I let him go.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Yeah, yeah. I like you so it's fine." He confessed with a huff.

"Vic Fuentes likes me?" I gasped. He rolled his eyes and got off the bed, and went to the door, pretending to leave.

"Hey! I like you too! Stop being a stupid dummy head!" I yelled and got up, only to get food. I did like Vic and it felt natural to admit.

For the rest of the night, we ate food and watched Netflix. I fell asleep on him a few times, but that's only because it was like I was in a sleeping bag with Vic's arms around me.

Tomorrow wouldn't be so bad, hopefully.