Chapter One

"Does it hurt to die?" she whispered to me.

I thought long and hard about my response. Finally, when the correct words formed in my mouth, I said:

"Yeah, but it hurts more to keep living."

Stop.

Please, just stop.

Stop reading. Don't let your eyes wander any further than these words. I can't let you read on, knowing what I know now. If you read on, I can't ensure you're safety. I can't even ensure that you'll be alive by the time you finish my story.

I never knew, honestly. When everything came down upon me I never really understood it, but now I do. And now that I do, I can't let you know. If it happened to me it could happen to someone like you. 

This is a true story. The names, dates and places are all changed - not to protect me, but to protect you.

I can't let this happen again.

I won't let this happen again.

If you're still reading, you must continnue at your own risk.

You never know who's watching.

You never know who's coming.

You never know.

That's what I should have known when I died.

~~~~~~~~~

My name is Avaley Camber. I'm an only child. I have two amazing, loving parents. My dad is an electrical engineer and my mom is a doctor. We live in a huge house, that has plenty of extra room and even a pool. We have four cars and even an RV to take camping. My family also has an amazing beagle named Ryker. He's three years old and amazing at tricks and being completely adorable. 

I go to a private school an hour away. But it's on the way to the hospital, so Mom doesn't mind driving me. I'm not especially popular, I have two close friends but a few more just good friends. While subjects are hard, I get good marks which makes my parents proud. I'm good at sports too, especially basketball. My teachers are excited to see me off to college.

I play several instruments. I play viola as well as the flute and of course, the piano. I'm starting to take guitar lessons and Dad wants me to learn the drums. In my free time, besides from sports and music, I like to dance. It doesn't really matter what type of dancing, I just enjoy letting my body move to the rhythmic sounds of music. I also enjoy cooking; Mom and I share the talent of creating burnt creations which Ryker loves to eat.

I also have a private tutor. His name is Sean. He's a few years older than me but sometimes I feel like he's my age. My parents are friends with his parents so as we were growing up, we just decided to hang out. And he's really smart. Not to mention especially handsome. I don't think he knows about my tiny crush, and I hope he never does. 

Besides from a tutor I'm crushing on, I have other friends. Two besties and some other close friends. While I'm obviously not the most popular girl at my school, I am far from alone. My friends have stood up to my defense more times than I can count.

That's basically my life. I've got good parents to lean back on, friends to stand by my side, a smart crush, an adorable dog and plenty of talents to last me throughout my life. What else could go wrong with all of this?

died, that's what.