Chapter Fourty Seven

"David?" 

My pathetic voice echoed out through the empty hallway of the school as I pushed open the door with my strength.

"David?"

Yeah, like he was going to reply. 

The blade clutched in my hand, I looked around cautiously before making my journey to the classroom where I last saw David. If this beautiful woman was right, and she usually was, David was probably dying, and I had to do something to save him. But... David was the bad guy here. See, he tried to cuff me so he could take me away or something, since apparently I'm so bad. So why does the beautiful woman want me to help him? And what about Kevin? I don't get what was wrong with him, but it seemed like he needed to tell me something. But he couldn't.

I reached the room and cracked the door open. It was dark, and I was scared to turn on the lights. What if I saw a body or something?

Gross.

I took a step in, making sure there wasn't anything gross like blood in my path. I walked over to where David had fallen and stared at the pile of printers and stuff that had fallen on him. It didn't look like he was there.

I kneeled down next to the pile of rubbage and rooted through it. Nothing. Just demolished printers and no David. Maybe he got up and left or maybe he did die, which meant that this blade could be used to kill me - 

A scream left my throat before the hand wrenched around my mouth.

I was pulled backwards, a hand grabbed both of my wrists behind me and another hand clamped over my mouth. I felt someone's sturdy chest against my back and I considered biting this person's hand.

Hm, he smelled nice.

"Why did you come back?" David whispered harshly into my ear. His lips were so close I wondered if he'd just reach over and bite it off. I don't know why, but that's what I literally felt. His teeth closing in on my ear. I know, I'm so amazing with my imagination. 

My back started to feel wet. Was I sweating or something? Or was that coming from David? I don't think he was sweating; he'd smell like it. Was he bleeding or something? Probably, since I'd kind of stabbed him with the blade. Understandable.

His hand loosened from my mouth and I let out a breath. For a moment we stood there, breathing, as my mind groped for words.

"I don't know." which to be honest, was... well, completely honest. 

David didn't really say anything. His hand dropped to my side, his other hand wrapped around both of my wrists. I didn't even want to fight back against him. I felt strangely comfortable like this, except for the face he was kind of bleeding into my back.

"Are you hurt?" I found myself asking.

He didn't say anything.

"Sorry if I'm trying to help."

And then with a grunt, he pushed me to the ground. I scrambled to turn around and look at him, but he had already walked over to me and picked up the blade I had set on the ground.

"Didn't I tell you not to use this?" he said. "Or rather, to forget about it?" I realized his wings were gone, there was a huge glob of darkness on his shirt, and he looked incredibly handsome raging there in front of me.

"I'm sorry," I said. "But since when were you the boss of me?"

David tossed the blade to the side, and with a clink, it landed on the ground. He looked at me, glaring and seething, before falling to his knees with a muffled grunt. He fell forward, palms on the ground, like he was doing a girl pushup, and spat something out on the ground.