Chapter Two

Where should I start? It's not the most fond thing to talk about, but I better do it anyway. It started out in the morning. 

My alarm woke me up at 5:30. I smashed my fist over it and groaned out loud. It felt like I had just gone to sleep a minute ago. I just wanted to close my eyes and wake up in another twelve hours. I had stayed up way too late with Sean... Studying, that is.

"Avaley! Are you up yet?" Mom called from her room. She wakes up at 4. Yes, 4. And Dad? He wakes up at six to walk Ryker but doesn't have to be at work till 8. I envy him that.

"Yes, Mom!" I yelled. I walked over to my bathroom (which is connected to my bedroom so I don't have to worry about picking up particles of Dad's beard everywhere) and take a quick shower. Then, I combed my hair and brushed my teeth and change into my uniform. It's almost 6 by this time so I hurried to the kitchen.

"Morning, Ryker!" I greeted my sleepy dog. He yawned and stretched (so cute!) and I grabbed my phone from its charger. It's about 85% charged, that'll last me the day. 

I opened the back door and let Ryker do his business. I was toasting some bread when my mom came down, putting up her hair into a ponytail like she usually did.

"Morning, Avaley," she said to me. "Do you mind making me some toast, too?"

"Already started on that," I said. 

While the toast was toasting, I stuffed all of my homework into my bag. Usually I got my bag ready the night before but Sean and I literally pulled an all nighter. I think I was asleep when he left.

"Just how late did you stay up with Sean last night?" my mom asked, watching me stuff my folders and binders into my bag.

"Oh..." I said, my mind racing. "About seven."

"You can't fool me, Avaley," she laughed, pinching my cheek. "I heard him leave at about eleven."

"Eleven?" I cried. "Impossible!" But I can't help it - I started to laugh. She did too.

"What's all this fuss about?" I heard my dad boom. He walked into the kitchen, holding Ryker's leash. After he and my mom exchaned daily kisses and "Good morning's" he said to me, "So, Ava, tell me... Just how late did you stay flirting with your boyfriend, Sean?"

"Dad!" I cried, socking his shoulder. I felt my face burning red.

"Oh, honey, don't tease her," my mom said, giving my dad a little shove. But she winked at me so I guess she knew my secret?

"He is a very nice boy," my dad said, letting Ryker in. He jumped around and lapped up some water before going over to the door and waiting faithfully for his companion.

"Uh-huh," I said as I smeared Nutella all over my toast.

"Not too much, honey," my mom told me. "Yes, he is very sweet." she continued on. "And smart. And handsome." Oh, mom, please! I don't need to hear your opinion about my crush...

"Now, if he were to ask you out, there's many restrictions," my dad pointed at me as he filled up his water bottle.

"What? He has to be able to withstand snoring over ten decibels?" I joked. 

My dad laughed. "Very funny, silly goose." he pecked my head and my mom's lips before heading out with Ryker. "We shall discuss dating guidlines tonight, ladies!" he called as he exited with my beloved dog.

My mom rolled her eyes. "Boys," she muttered, but she looked embarrassed from what Dad said.

"Well, he is right," I suggested. "About the restrictions."

"And Sean is a very nice boy," my mom said. "If he did ask you out I wouldn't be surprised at all! You two are very close."

Okay, I think this was enough talk about Sean. I looked at my watch. "It's time to go, mom," I said as I grabbed my bag and shoved the last piece of toast into my mouth. "We can talk about Sean tonight."

"Oh, by the way," my mom said. "Is Sean coming over tonight?"

I looked at the calendar. "Um, yes, he is. It's Thursday, so he'll be here after school."

"Good. Maybe we can all have dinner." she winked at me and we headed out into the world.

I didn't know that the dinner I would be having tonight would be my "Last Supper".