Chapter Eight: The Love Doctor

I was so excited to finally have the weekend to just relax and catch up on some reading. It was very needed, after having to deal with Chase all week. And not only that, but constantly attempting to be a normal, cool, and non-clumsy teenager in front of Austin all the time was beginning to be extremely exhausting.

But he didn't seem to notice.

The whole week just consisted of pleasant, "Hey, Kaylee," or "Bye, Kaylee." Other than that, we didn't really talk. I was honestly considering on just accepted the fact that nothing romantic was ever going to happen with him and that I needed to get over this stupid crush. Lily, of course, wouldn't stop pestering me about this either and felt differently.

"We have to form some kind of plan," she insisted, as she sat comfortably across from me along my bed. She was frowning and rubbing her hands together, as if this would somehow help her think up a way to get Austin to really notice me.

I slumped down onto my bed, and it bounced for a moment under my weight. I then overdramatically threw my arms out, and my left hand happened to hit Lily square in the face. I immediately drew it back to cover my mouth, failing to attempt to disguise my chuckle. Her eyes narrowed in a cold scowl.

Ignoring her annoyed glares, I brought the topic of discussion back. "It's useless, Lil. He's never going to be interested in someone like me." I mean, he'd forgotten who I was for crying out loud! We'd spent 3 years together in the same high school after all, and in his eyes, we had met for the first time only a week ago.

Lily took in a loud gasp, gazing at me like I had just shot her straight through the heart. I rolled my eyes. "That's not true!" She tried to deny.

I sighed, "Just think about it," I eyed her, daring her to disagree, "He hasn't shown the slightest interest in me."

Lily pursed her lips. Turning her attention away from me, she began studying the white walls of my plan room for a moment, and I could tell she was thinking deeply about my predicament. Unlike me, Lily's never had a problem with attracting the opposite of gender. She constantly seemed to have boy troubles, but not in the way I did; guys continually showered her with attention and she seemed to have a new guy desperately trying to get her to notice them every week. That's what it felt like, at least.

I could only assume that other than her beautiful almond shaped, brown eyes and long, flowy dark brown hair, along with her delicate facial features— her bright, friendly outgoing personality had a lot to do with her easy ability in attracting so many boys. She always seemed to be able to crack jokes, fearlessly attack any social situation head on, and befriend literally anyone and everyone. In fact, many would consider her to be popular.

Unlike me, who seemed to have a difficult time being noticed by anyone. Or, in Austin's case, I seem to be easily forgotten as well. Which I knew was mainly because of my annoyingly more timid personality. Combine that with how overly clumsy I was, and well, it was no wonder. I could only assume that I big part of why people didn't take a liking to me was because I seem to step on their toes a lot. And by that, I mean literally.

Luckily, Lily and I had been friends ever since I could remember. Our friendship stemmed all the way back to kindergarten, where we bonded over our love for stuffed animals and anything sweet; mainly ice cream.

I smiled at our old memories. All those years, and now she was nothing short of my sister. I couldn't imagine a life without her.

"I've got it!" Lily suddenly sat straight up, slamming a fist into the palm of her hand in triumph and awakening me from my thoughts. Her eyes brightly flashing with her epiphany, "We're going to make him fall in love with you!"