Chapter Nine: Surprise

What did he want?

That one question was reeling through my mind, racing so fast that it was beginning to make me feel dizzy. My thoughts were starting to go erratic with ideas of what he might try and make me do.

If I go with him, will he make me do something crazy? Could I get harmed?

This was Chase, after all, and who knew what he would do?

And if I didn't go... would he actually post the photo? How would it affect me? What would people think of me?

Chase once mentioned being expelled. Would the school actually go that far? Would I lose any chance of getting letter recommendations for college by my teachers? Would a college even accept me?

Or was I just overthinking everything?

My thoughts were going to drive me insane, and the fact that Chase could so easily force me to follow his every command made me so frustrated I want to rip my hair out. I could just imagine his smug grin right now, waiting outside and knowing he could threaten me into doing almost anything.

Arrogant blackmailing villainous jerk arrogant blackmailing villainous jerk arrogant

I shook my head and took in a deep breath to force myself to calm down. I needed to think of a way to get that picture and delete every last trace of it and make sure he didn't have it stored somewhere secret— but how?

And once I did... I had to find a way to reciprocate all the suffering he has inflicted on me and return it with much, much more force.

Sighing, I tried to focus on the task at hand. If I wanted to find a way to get my sweet, sweet revenge, I would first have to survive whatever annoying plan Chase has in store for tonight.

I'll play your stupid game for now, I thought menacingly to Chase, But as soon as I get that picture... I'll think of a very lovely way to get my revenge. Just you wait.

Arrogant, blackmailing, villainous jerk.

Glancing down at my comfy, black and white panda onesie, I knew I needed to change. There was no way I was going to let Chase see me like this.

After a quick replacement of clothes for respectable jeans and a t-shirt, I took in a deep breath, opened my door, and started heading down the short hall towards the front door that I knew would lead to the doom lingering just past it.

Placing my hand on the door knob, I mentally prepared myself for whatever awaits me outside and was just about to twist and pull it forward—

"Kaylee?"

Eyes wide, I quickly spun around to find Logan staring at me with a mixed expression of worry and confusion. Slowly letting go of the door knob, I gave him a sheepish smile.

He narrowed his eyes slightly, "Where are you going?"

Scrambling to try and come up with some good excuse, I stuttered, "I... I'm going—"

Logan held up a hand to silence me, "It's Chase, isn't it?"

How did he know?

Logan sighed, "Is it really that bad that he saw you in the locker room? If he tells people he found you in there you can just deny it, you know. And Lily and I will be there to back you up, so—"

I shook my head, "It's not that." I bit my lip and felt immense guilt tug at the pit of my stomach. But I didn't want to worry Logan with Chase's stupid game. I knew he had enough stress with being new to high school and on the school's football team.