Chapter Thirty-One: Another Deal

We just stood there, on the rooftop of the rollerblading 80s themed building, holding each other for a long while. The top of my head rested against Chase's shoulder. It was a strange thing, to be able to cling to Chase like this without exhaustingly trying to convince myself otherwise.

But he was just so warm. I loved it. I could easily stay here with him forever. My lips tingled with the leftover sensation of his on mine, and I found myself having this uncontrollable craving for him now. I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not, but nonetheless, I wanted him to be with me all the time from now on. How did I survive not being in his arms before?

I had no idea.

"Did I mention how beautiful you are?" Chase whispered, only making this whole situation feel that much more like a dream.

I felt my cheeks burn as I buried my head further into his chest so that he couldn't see.

"Yes," I let out a soft giggle and squeezed him just a bit tighter.

I felt Chase's chest vibrate as he chuckled, "Good. Do you think we should head back down now?"

I pulled away slightly so I could look up at him. Chase was smiling down at me, his bright green eyes soft and the tips of his brown hair waving in the wind. I wanted to run my fingers through it again.

He brought a hand up to my face and stroked my cheek. He then leaned his face down, bringing it close to mine, and making all the butterflies return. They seemed to have made themselves a permanent home in the pit of my stomach.

"Or we could just stay here forever," He whispered, bringing his lips to mine again and placing a quick, gentle kiss there, making my heart speed up.

When he pulled away, he was grinning. "You have no idea how long I've waited to be able to do that," he confessed, resting his forehead against mine.

I smiled, when a sudden thought occurred to me.

"Wait..."

Chase leaned back and bent his head to the side. "What is it?"

My smile turned into a somewhat sinister grin. Chase's turned worried.

"Doesn't this mean I won?" I asked in a sly voice, the evil grin now spreading fully across my face.

Chase's face instantly paled.

A weary smile fell onto his lips. "You're not actually going to make me do..." He cleared his throat, letting out a nervous chuckle, "You know what, are you?"

I brought up a hand to my mouth to cover the inescapable giggles. Taking in a deep breath, I tried to make my face seem serious.

I frowned and tapped my chin thoughtfully, "Hmm..."

Chase looked at me pleadingly, "Sugar lips..."

My grin returned, "It would be pretty funny..."

His face turned pure white.

"Please," He let go of me and got on his knees, clasping his hands together as he begged and shook his head, "Please, no."

I instantly burst into laughter, bringing a hand to my stomach.

"Maybe not today, but someday. I want to see you in that tutu."

Chase visibly relaxed, his shoulders hunching forward. He moved to stand up and dusted off his pants, "You scared me for a minute there," he paused, narrowing his eyes, "And trust me, it won't be a pleasant sight."

I rolled my eyes and folded my arms, "Well, serves you right! And I be it would be hilarious."

Chase sent me an innocent look, "What have I ever done to you to deserve such mistreatment?"