Chapter Thirteen: Broken Hearts

Cassandra leered at me with triumph, a malicious grin slowly spreading across her face.

"Don't you dare," Chases deep voice was low and hostile, "Don't you even dare."

Chase turned to leave, but she shot her hand out and clung to his arm, "Chase! You know I love you!" She shouted, her voice laced with regret and pain.

Apart from feeling very uncomfortable as I sat in Chases arms, in the middle of an extremely awkward situation between the two, I couldn't shake the words Cassandra had so casually thrown out before;

You were using this ugly whore to make me jealous.

Each time the words repeated in my head I felt more and more sick. My stomach clench in nausea and I held back the urge to puke.

What had I gotten myself into?

Or more like, what the hell did Chase get me into?

Chase didn't answer her. Instead, he easily yanked out of her grasp and started heading out the way we came. Cassandra stayed behind, with only her sobs following us, echoing through the house until we reached outside.

For some irrational reason, my eyes began to burn and my vision began to blur. I blamed it on exhaustion, my aching head and the need of wanting to be home.

This was exactly why I never went to parties.

Chase continued to stay quiet as he held me, walking along the sidewalk with only the street lamps giving off a dim light.

Finally, my senses kicked back in, and rage overtook my body as the feel of Chase's hold on me made me feel disgusted.

"Put me down!" I shouted, wiggling within Chase's strong arms, kicking my legs wildly in the air.

"No."

His firm response caught me off guard, and for a moment I just sat still, completely astounded. Then I slowly turned my gaze towards him, ready to rip his head off.

I was surprised when I saw his face. His eyes were sharp and narrow with a glare, his jaw clenched tight. For a moment I forgot that I was upset, and found myself curious as to what was going through his head.

I mentally slapped myself. It doesn't matter what Chase was thinking! He was a jerk for bringing me to this stupid party for his own personal gain!

I took in a deep breath, and as mincingly as I could manage, spoke sharply,

"I said, let – me – go!"

"No."

I let out a loud, irritated groan and began pounding my fists into his chest, trying to push myself out of his hold. Tears were threatening to spill over, and I roughly bit my lip in a failed attempt to distract me. I didn't want his grimy, jealous provoking hands touching me!

"I don't want you to carry me!" I yelled, "I can walk perfectly fine on my own!"

He didn't answer.

After another few moments, my head began throbbing with the extra movement and I was forced to slump back into his arms.

I let out an annoyed huff and folded my arms, glaring at the passing houses as we continued forward. What the heck is wrong with him?

You were using this ugly whore to make me jealous.

The words were as sharp as a knife, slicing straight through my heart. The bothersome tears again clung to the corner of my eyes, not only in frustration; but because I felt hurt and betrayed.