Chapter Thirty-Two: The Boyfriend

"This is just too cute."

I pursed my lips and frowned as I scooped up the three hamburgers from the cafeteria and sent Lily a glare.

"I mean," she continued, "Getting the boyfriend's lunch? Is this going to be a regular thing?"

Ever since I called Lily on Saturday and told her about Chase and I sealing the deal, she has refused to refer to him as anything but 'the boyfriend.'

I let out a huff as I moved passed her towards the school's doors to head out to the football field, "If I didn't get it for him he wouldn't eat," I mumbled, wishing she'd stop referring to Chase like that. "Where's Sam?" I asked, trying to change the subject as we moved past several students, "Shouldn't he be here by now?"

Lily's face flushed, "N-no! And thank goodness he isn't!"

I rolled my eyes, as we finally made it to the front doors and pushed through them. We were immediately greeted by the afternoon sun and slightly cool breeze.

A smug grin made its way to my lips, "Yeah, sure."

She sent me a glare, but I ignored it as I made my way over to the field. We walked passed the large gate and I squinted my eyes to try and spot Chase. It didn't take long, as I found him sitting on a bench next to the field.

Despite myself, I took the moment to admire him.

Chase was wearing his football tank top, leaning back and watching his teammates play. I couldn't help but notice his muscular biceps and tight jaw, as his eyes narrowed and scanned over each of the players, scrutinizing their plays. I was just about to begin moving forward when his gaze turned and landed on me.

Instantly, I watched his face turn from serious to playful with a large grin. His light green eyes brighten as he stood and began jogging over towards me. It almost appeared in slow motion, as his brown hair bounced with every step and his grin only continuing to grow.

Once he reached me he gazed down and, without hesitation, quickly bent down and placed a soft, delicate, quick kiss on the top of my lips.

I suddenly felt dizzy. Was this real life? I still couldn't get over the fact that Chase was my boyfriend. Mine.

A smile spread across my lips as Chase pulled away and glanced down at the arm full of hamburgers I was holding.

His grin turned amused as he picked the first one. "Thanks, sugar lips," He said in his deep, husky voice.

Instantly, my smile dropped. "Chase!" I hissed and lightly smacked his arm, as I quickly whipped my head around to see if anyone had heard him.

Chase only smirked. "What's wrong?"

My face deadpanned, "You're not allowed to call me that in public!"

"Oh," He brought his voice low, "Only behind closed doors?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

I felt my cheeks heat up. "Shut up," I mumbled. Why did he have to always try to embarrass me? I needed to think of a way to get back at him.

Chase laughed and shook his head, "What should I call you, then?"

I gave him a flat look. "Uh, how about my name?" I suggested incredulously.

He took a large bite out of his first hamburger, almost devouring the whole thing already, and spoke with a mouthful,

"No, no. Everyone calls you Kaylee. I want my nickname for you to be special. It's gotta' stay as sugar lips."

I rolled my eyes, "Not everyone calls me Kaylee."