Chapter Twenty-Eight: Fights

"Are you going to go?"

I let out a long, heavy sigh as I flopped over onto my bed and clung to my phone, draping an arm over my eyes.

"I don't know," I admitted to Lily, thinking about yesterday's encounters. Chase and I had never yelled at each other like that before. But it was all his fault! If he wasn't so irritating all the time, things would be so much easier!

The pit of my stomach pinched with slight guilt. Maybe it was partly my fault, too. I shouldn't have purposely tried to get Chase jealous. I'd never done something so humiliating in my life!

My phone buzzed against my ear, and pulling it away from my face to glance over the new message, I felt my eyes widen.

"He texted me."

"Who? Chase?"

I scoffed, putting the phone back to my ear. Chase hadn't said a single word to me since yesterday. No messages. No seeking me out at school. But I couldn't really be upset, because I hadn't tried to get in contact with him, either.

"No," I finally responded, "It was Anthony. He asked for my address and said he'd be here in an hour."

"So you are going?" Lily asked, her voice somewhat skeptical.

I let out another deep sigh, "I guess. Anthony seems to really want me to go and I already feel bad about the whole situation yesterday..."

"So?" Lily's voice turned irritated, "He's the idiot that came up with the stupid idea in the first place!"

"I didn't have to agree to it."

I could practically feel Lily's eye roll through the phone, "Whatever. But I think you should talk with Chase. Sam said he's taking the fight between you too pretty hard."

I felt my cheeks heat up and my heart skip a beat. "Really?" Did Chase care that much?

I shook my head, clearing my throat. "Well, I don't care."

Lily let out a long exhale, "Maybe you should just talk to him. Cassandra could've been acting out on her own."

I let out a loud huff, "You mean kissing him without his permission?"

"Exactly like that."

I mulled the idea over. I suppose it was plausible. But why would Cassandra randomly kiss Chase?

"Hey," Lily spoke up, pulling me away from my thoughts. "I gotta go. Be safe at the party, and make sure to call me the second you want me to save you! Sam should be there, too, so he'll keep an eye out for you. Love you!"

"Lil," I quickly spoke up, "First of all, I don't need someone to keep an eye on me, and also, I'm just curious as to how you know so much about Sam's li—"

The line went dead before I could finish my sentence. 

Groaning, I rolled over and stuffed my pillow over my face to let out a big, muffled scream.

Why was life so complicated?

"Kays?"

I sat straight up to find Logan standing in my doorway, gazing at me with an eyebrow raised in concern.

"You okay?" He asked as he hesitantly entered the room.

Despite myself, I let out a loud huff and crossed my arms. "Boys are annoying."

Logan chuckled, taking a seat next to me on my bed, and rolled his eyes. "I could say the same about girls."

I nodded, but couldn't help as my thoughts immediately returned to the fight yesterday, leaving my stomach clenching in unease and my eyes beginning to burn. Ever since the fight, I couldn't think of much else.