15 years later

SUDDEN TIME SKIP

::Briar's POV::

"Master Briar your father wants you!" I cover my head with my pillow and groan loudly. "Five more minutes!!!"  I holler back only to get the sheets thrown off of me, the cold air coming in contact with my skin. I groan again and sit up my hair a mess and my eyes half open. Yao looks at me with a shake of his head, "Briar your father wants you to deliver something." My eyes lit up in excitement, "Are you serious?" I asked, Yao nods as he looks for a shirt for me to wear. I quickly get out of bed, "Hurry Yao!" Yao lets out an sigh, "Young people no respect."

-time skip-

I stood infront of my father's desk my heart racing a bit. "Briar. I would like you to deliver this to the Diamond Kingdom." he hands me a rolled up piece of parchment. I held it in my grasp and look at him, "May I ask what it is?" I ask. My father looks at me and leans back in his chair, "A piece treaty." he pushes up his glasses and looks at me. I look down at the parchment that was within my grasp and nodded, "I will be back before the sun sets." I respond earning a pleased nod from my father. "Oh Briar hold on." I watch as my father looks through the drawers in his desk and pulls out a letter, "Please give this to the...queen." he hesitated when he said queen. I took the letter and nodded placing the parchment and letter in my bag.

I head out of the room followed by Yao, "return safely."

"I will." I replied as I head out of the castle and to the stables where the horses were. I mount my horse and rode off, I have never been to the Diamond Kingdom my father always says that they're a menace to us. I'm the type of person who sees good in everyone no matter how terrible they are. My father says that my mother always, 'Hates the sinner but loved the sinner.' (if anyone knows who said this quote I will be baffled no cheating XD) of course I was like that too. I never knew my mother either, my father always said that my mother was a kind person with a gentle heart. He said that he was a mystery most of the time and was kind of a grump, my father always tells me that my mother died giving birth to me which I myself felt as though I caused my father lots of sadness because of this.

Though sometimes when my father describes my mother he always sounds like he's describing the Queen of the Diamonds, Queen Arthur. Though many people say I look a lot like Arthur which us very true but I never think about it that much just a simple coincidence most likely. I've only met Queen Arthur twice once when I was a child and another time when it was my 11th birthday. I remember Arthur handing me a small box with a necklace inside I fancied jewelry and shiny things which is odd to be quite honest with you, though I never thought twice about it. "Alright almost there." I whispered to myself as the gate to the Diamond Kingdom were nearing.

I noticed the people who were there were looking at me probably wondering why a Spadian prince is in the Diamond territory. I swallow hard and try to ignore it guards were littered around the square practically intimidating me. I dismount my horse and near one of the guards, "I have a treaty for the Diamond King and a letter for the Queen." I say as professionally as I could.

The guard makes and odd grunting noise and leads me inside the castle walls. I follow timidly behind, the whole way to the throne room was nerve wracking and awkward. This was my first ever run since Yao can't do it anymore because of his age though he's only 47 years old. (btw Alfred and Arthur were in their early 20's when they married and stuff) I stood quietly in the empty throne room waiting for the King and Queen to arrive. "Ah Briar Jones." I turn around and bow before him. "Good morning your majesty." Even though I was of royal blood I still had to act like a rank below him which I was. I stood straight up and see Arthur smiling softly I smiled back, "What a pleasant surprise." says Francis with a chuckle as he place a hand on my shoulder. "How is your father?" I clear my throat, "He's quite alright thank you for asking." I open my bag and pulling out the parchment and hand it to King Francis. He looks at me a bit confused, "It's the peace treaty my father and you discussed a year ago...?" Francis chortles in laughter, "Of course how could I forget!" I smiled in relief that he didn't forget. I then swiftly take out the letter and hand it to Arthur, "This is for you from my father." I say as he took the letter from me and smiled, "Thank you Briar." he says softly. I took note of the disgusted look on Francis's face that looked like he was angered and jealous of the fact my father wrote a letter to the Queen.  "My Queen why don't you go and read your letter while Briar and I discuss the treaty." Arthur nodded and heads out of the room. And with that Francis and I began to discuss business.

-time skip again XD-

I placed the treaty in my bag and mounted my horse with the help of Francis. "Thank you for visiting us Briar." Francis says with a grin I smiled and nodded in agreement. "I'm always happy to come on behalf of my father and Yao." I reply with a chuckle, "Briar." I look up to see Arthur heading towards me holding a letter. "Here." he hands me the letter, "Gives this to your father please." I nodded, "I will." I say as I placed it into my bag as well.

I say my last goodbyes to the King and Queen and ride off back to my home.

I winder what the letter is about...?

Yay!!! Briar is a big boy now whoooooo anywho may update tonight again. Who knows only time will tell XD