Chapter Twenty: Disaster Strikes

I woke up, laying on the couch, in justins arms. My mom was sitting on the opposite end of the couch just starring at me and justin. Patty was on the phone in the corner of the room while usher was on his lap top. He was sitting on the love seat caddy cornered from the couch. My eyes opened more and i made eye contact with my mom, who was still starring at justin and i. I could tell justin was still asleep, so i quietly talked to my mom.

Briana: (whispering) mom? What are you doing?

Jennette: (nervous) n-nothing, s-sorry

My mom dropped her head and i felt justin figit under me. I turned my head and saw justin smiling at me.

Justin: (sleepy) morning gorgeous

Briana: morning babe

Justin kissed the top of my head and i started to stand up.

Justin: what? No morning kiss?

Briana: (laughing) how could i forget

Justin stood up and wrapped his arms around my waist. He pulled me close to him and i wrapped my arms around his neck. I rested my forhead against his and our lips met. We pulled apart, justin looked into my eyes and smiled, out of nowhere.

Briana: what?

Justin: nothing

Briana: why did you smile?

Justin: how could i not smile when i look at you?

I blushed a little bit and looked over at my mom, who had her head between her hands. Justin looked over to and then at me with a questioned look on his face. I had no idea why she was acting like this, so i couldnt answer him.

Justin: (mouthing) whats wrong with your mom?

Briana: (mouthing) i dont know

Justin: (whispering) go ask her

Briana: (whipsering) why

Justin: (whispering) cause she's your mom

Briana: (whispering) fine

I walked over to my mom and sat on the floor in front of her.

Briana: mommy, whats wrong?

Jennette's POV

************

This was not going as planned. Me and patty were supposed to be going to a breast cancer specialist, to get my breast cancer removed. But then i found out about briana sleeping with justin, so that had to be postponed because briana always comes before me. I still need to tell her that Chad died, my ex-husband her father, two months ago. But i havent built up the nerve to tell her anything that has been going on. Me having a horrible case of breast cancer that could be fatal if not treated, which its not being treated right now. Chad dying in the plane crash, crushed me even though we are divorced. Briana was never really close to her father but she did talk to him from time to time. I am under so much stress and i just want to make briana happy. On top of all of this briana is just growing up waay to fast! All these things are running through my brain. Briana came over and sat right in front of me.

Briana: mommy, are you ok?

I looked at briana and all i saw was a little girl, with pig tails, cute little sandles and a pink and green summer dress on. I can remember her being a little girl like it was yesterday.

Briana: mom? A-are you mad at me for sleeping with justin?

I felt tears start welling in my eyes. The last thing i want briana to think is that im mad at her, briana is the most important thing to me. I looked up at her again and a few tears escaped my eyes. I saw briana start tearing up all well, which just broke my heart. I dont even know why she is crying.