Part 18

Ciara's POV 

I finally feel like I got myself together again. My brother is out of his coma. I have my baby back. My bestie and I are closer than ever, and I'm 5 months pregnant. Lord, these babies need to come on. I can't take no more. "Baby, im going to the store. Want somethin'?" Jarod said. "Ice cream please." I said. That was my favorite food at the moment.

Everything was going fine. No attacks, no death threats, nothing. But I think they're hiding something from me. I don't know what, but ima find out. The craziest thing is I haven't seen Kendrick. Yeah we been through alot but hell. I just feel like something is wrong. Jarod finally came back with my ice cream... MMmmm Oreos. Im in love. "Thanks baby." I said. "No problem." "Babe can I ask you a question?" I said. He looked at me knowing what I was about ask. "Why do you wanna know about Kendrick? Damn, leave it alone." He said angrily. I immediately put on my calm face before I snapped. "But he's been your friend since elementary. Y'all could've gotten over that." I said. "What? Tryna take advantage of you? Tryna rape you in my house? The mother pf my children?! Hell no, He had to die!"

I was shocked. Kendrick? Dead? "You... Killed Kendrick?" He sighed. "Yes. Kendrick is dead, but he's not dead just because of that. He told The Red Dragons all of our safehouses." I was in shock. Tears almost falling down my face. I felt sorry for him. "Did you at least get any info from him?" I asked. "Yes. We got all of there safehouses from him except for one, which is Ricos home." He said. My face was so blank. I didn't know what to say. My childhood friend is dead, but not only that, he's dead because of me.

My baby Malik, he's finally 1. He's walking and talking. I'm just in love with him. That's my sweetheart. He's the only one that keeps me sane. He walks up to me, "Mama?" I laugh. "Yes baby?" "Juice." he said. "Hehe, okay lets get you some juice." We walk to the kitchen. I get his sippy cup and I look out the window to see somebody with a sniper outside, pointing upstairs in a room. My eyes widened. I tried to figure out who was in the house. Jarod, security. Then I thought about it. "Mrs. White!" I run upstairs to her room. I tried to run as fast as I can. I bust open her door. "Hey Ciara sweetie. You seem tir-." "Get down!" I ran towards her and football tackled her to the floor. As soon as I did, the bullet went through the window. "Ciara what's going on?" she said. I was huffing and puffing, " There was a sniper outside! I seen him downstairs through the kitchen window in the bushes." Her eyes were narrow and angry. She grabbed the walkie- talkie. "Secure the area! Sniper in bound!" As soon as she said that, Jarod busted through the room. "Y'all alright? What happned!" "Your wife here saved me. Sniper outside." She said. He looked at me and helped me up. "You are a super hero." he said. He kissed my forehead. I laughed. "Thanks baby."

"It's time to attack the safehouses ma." he said. "You're right son. Since they know where we are now. It's time to move again. Then we attack." This is about to get messy.