Chapter 22

**Sanvers!!**

Just like Maggie expected, she ends up losing terribly against Alex. Maggie doesn't mind in the least because Alex is especially hot when she's confident. Plus, Alex's dorky victory dance she does when she wins is absolutely adorable. Maggie can't really tease her about it because she does her own nerdy victory dances whenever she actually manages to get a ball in. Even when she gets the cue ball in one time, which is so worth it because Alex's laughter makes her swoon.

"You owe me another round." Alex says when she finishes up her dance.

"You're too good, Danvers." Maggie sighs theatrically, pretending to be annoyed but she knows she isn't pretending well if the beaming smile she's wearing is any indication. "How about we call it a night instead? I don't want to get you drunk on the first date."

Alex's eyebrows shoot up and she just looks at Maggie like she hung the stars in the sky just for her. Maggie doesn't break eye contact but shifts slightly on her feet. Did she say something wrong?

Alex speaks when she finally finds her voice again, sounding a lot more confident than Alex expected. "First date, huh? Are you implying we'll have more than one, Sawyer?"

Maggie's eyes widen when she realizes what made Alex so surprised. She clears her throat and looks slightly to the right of Alex's head so she's still looking at her without actually looking at her.

"Um, yeah. If you want to."

Where has the courage she used to have around cute girls gone? Oh right, Maggie never had any.

"Good," is all Alex says.

Maggie is tempted to ask what she means by that when Alex seems to decide that a nonverbal answer would be best. Alex leans in slowly so Maggie could pull away and when she doesn't, Alex kisses her gently. And once again, Maggie is melting against her.

Alex is the first to pull away for breath and Maggie opens her eyes. Alex kisses her again quickly.

"I'll go pay for our drinks and then we can get out of here, okay?" Alex murmurs.

Maggie, still kind of dazed by their kisses, just hums in response. She's watching Alex's hips away as she heads toward the bar when something occurs to her.

"Alex! I'm supposed to be buying." Maggie points out.

"I'm the one who asked you out, it's common courtesy to pay. You can buy me drinks next time we come here, Sawyer." Alex responds, looking back at her over her shoulder.

Maggie grins, a blush coloring her cheeks that's barely visible in the dim bar light, and grabs their leather jackets as Alex pays. Alex thanks her with another quick peck and they head outside hand in hand.

Since neither of them want to head back to the castle just yet, they continue their night by walking around National City. It's not the safest at night, but with both of them being well-trained knights and DEO agents, they're not exactly worried about their own safety if they get jumped.

It almost feels as though that in the darkness of the night, it's easier to tell each other about the darkness in their lives. Alex tells Maggie about how she feels insignificant compared to Kara. Maggie responds by pushing her against the nearest wall and kissing her until they're out of breath and quietly telling Alex how amazing she is.

Maggie tells Alex about how her parents kicked her out for being gay. They had known she wanted to be a knight, which they didn't like. They always wanted her to look after their farm, with her one of the best choices amongst her older siblings. Her not being straight was the last straw for them and she had to live on a neighboring farm with her aunt until she was old enough to be trained by a local retired knight. She's on better terms with them now (mainly since she sends them most of the money she earns so her siblings don't go hungry) but they still don't accept their sexuality.