Chapter 121

"You too. Forever," Alex says. She looks down at their intwined hands and sniffs, trying to stop the onslaught of tears. "How on Earth am I supposed to follow that up?"

Maggie chuckles and squeezes her hand. "You'll think of something," she murmurs.

"Alright. Um. The first time I met you, Maggie, the first thought I had after my brain restarted was 'she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.' And once I got to know you, I learned that your beauty isn't just on the outside. You're an amazing person, Maggie, and I love you for it." Maggie beams at her and squeezes her hand. "As you know, I never really dated anyone before you. You're my first girlfriend. And Mags, I couldn't be happier that you're my last one too." Alex smiles wider when she hears her friends and siblings go 'aww.' "I can't wait until you're my wife. It's been incredible being your partner, your girlfriend, your fiancée. I can't wait to find out how awesome things will be with you when you're my wife." Alex shakes her head slightly, reminding herself she actually has to say vows. "Okay, vows. I promise to be by your side, no matter what. You're my person, Maggie. You're my ride or die."

Maggie wipes away a tear with her spare hand. "You're mine too, Allie."

Alex ducks her head slightly with a smile that light up the entire Kingdom. "I promise to be your partner in all things, and to keep communicating with you. It's one of the things I love most about our relationship, how we can talk for hours about everything and nothing. I promise I'll protect you, just like I know you'll protect me. I promise to fight alongside you and kick some butt. I promise I'll always be here for you, and that I'll help you heal and grow as a person. And I promise, if I can help it, we won't spend a night apart."

Kara's eyebrows furrow and she gasps softly through her tears. "Alex! You didn't!"

Alex holds her spare arm out. "What? It was the night before my wedding and I wanted cuddles!" Maggie laughs and Alex grins dopily at her. She continues. "And I'm going to steal one of your vows, Mags. I promise I'll love you forever."

Maggie kisses Alex's hand, barely resisting the urge to kiss her fiancée on the lips.

J'onn wipes his tears away and clears his throat. "And now, will the maids of honor present the rings?"

Lena and Kara step forward, handing the ring to the bride they're a maid of honor for. These rings are different, as Maggie and Alex both worked on them. The rings have panic switches that will alert everyone if they're moved in a certain way. The jewels are diamonds, which they decided on after some debate. The jewels are embedded into the rings, sticking slightly out. Maggie had joked when they decided on the design that "the people we punch will know who hit them. If they don't see us coming, they'll know from the marks of our rings."

With tears in their eyes, Maggie slides the ring onto Alex's finger. "Our wearing these rings symbolizes our love and commitment to each other."

Alex looks down at the ring, on her finger now officially for the first time. She's tried it on for sizing reasons but she can't help thinking about how perfect it looks on her ring finger. She looks into Maggie's tear-filled eyes with watery eyes of her own and Gods, she really want to kiss her. She slides Maggie's ring onto her finger.

Alex shakily grabs Maggie's hand with hers, their rings touching gently as their fingers intertwine.

"It's my honor to pronounce you wife and wife. You may now kiss your bride."

Maggie's kissing Alex before J'onn even finishes his last sentence, causing J'onn to chuckle softly. The two newly-weds may not notice it, but later Kara tells them that the applause was thunderous as they kissed.

When they pull apart, neither want to go far, so they each stand as close as they can to their wife (!!!), their foreheads touching.

"Thank you all for attending this beautiful wedding," J'onn says. "There will be a reception starting in fifteen minutes in the throne room. If you go inside the castle, there will be signs directing you there, and to the restrooms should you need it. If you get lost, feel free to ask a guard for assistance."

Everyone stands as Maggie and Alex turn towards them, holding hands. They walk down the aisle again, this time hand in hand with their wife. Their maids of honor follow behind them, also joining hands. The rest of their bridesmaids/bridespeople follow behind them, followed by the rest of the people they begin to file out, into the castle, with the newlyweds at the front. The brides exchange a look and decide to stop in a bathroom on the way. Lena and Kara come in after them, leaving Lucy and James to lead everyone to the throne room.

Kara isn't exactly surprised to see them kissing again. "Guys? You know the reception is soon, right?"

"Mm," Alex pulls back slightly. "It's our wedding, we can escape to make out if we want to."

"You're not going to try to skip the reception, right?" Kara asks.

"No. I know you'll drag me by the ear to it if you have to," Alex says with a sigh. "We'll be there. Let us make out and redo our makeup and we'll be there on time. I promise."

Kara nods at her sister. "Okay. See you there!" She blows a kiss and then is gone out the door with Lena in tow.

"Now where were we?" Maggie practically purrs, drawing Alex's attention back to her.

Alex smirks. "Kissing our wives."

Maggie's playful look turns to one of glee. "Sounds wonderful."

Alex leans in and kisses Maggie again, her hands coming up to cup her face and draw her closer.

Next chapter, the reception! Featuring more sappy stuff :D And someone requested more action/a twist, so I'll see what I can do ;) There won't be any drama like cheating or breaking up, I swear! Just like fighting something! And I promise, these gay nerds will have their perfect fairytale wedding first! We'll see what I come up with... Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!