Chapter 162

The days after the battle with the Cadmus sympathizers pass slowly at first because of all of the things the DEO and National City has to do to help rebuild. The merchants are given compensation, which Kara and Lena personally make sure is fairly distributed to each merchant affected. After the initial shock wears off that first day, there has been a truly incredible number of people helping everyone recover after the attack.

The DEO releases what information they can through Cat's newspapers, which she gives everyone in the city a discount on so that more people can afford and can read this issue. They don't glean much from the people of the group, but with J'onn's help they manage to find and stomp out the rest of the sympathizers rather quickly.

After that, it doesn't take long before the days start flying by. There's an air of excitement in the city again, especially since Lena and Kara's wedding has been announced. Once again, Cat's newspaper is the one to reveal important details to the public, like a vague idea of what Kara and Lena plan to do once they're both ruling their kingdoms.

Planning for the wedding has gone well, and it seems to be coming up quicker and quicker. Alex and Maggie help them where they can when they're not busy with the DEO, which has been rather quiet since they took down the Cadmus sympathizers.

Right now, darkness has fallen over National City, the streetlights and moon in the sky illuminating the streets as a group of friends head to their favorite alien bar. It's almost a week before Lena and Kara's wedding, and they decided that they wanted to blow off a bit of steam with their family and friends at the alien bar.

After getting everyone's drinking order, Maggie and Alex make a beeline for the bar hand in hand. The others look around to attempt to find a table that will fit all of them, but end up having to push two of the larger ones together. Maggie and Alex come back a moment later, precariously carrying everyone's drink. They set them down carefully and then divide them up before finding their own seat.

"No talking about the wedding tonight, please. I want to relax," Lena says.

"Of course, no problem." James agrees easily.

"What should we talk about then?" Lucy asks, sipping on her drink.

"Never have I ever?" Winn suggests.

"I'm nowhere near drunk enough for that," Alex sighs.

"Alright, we can table that for now." Kara says, looking around at her friends and family. She shrugs. "I don't know."

Lena squeezes Kara's hand and sips her whiskey. "We could bet on how long it'll take M'gann and J'onn to get together."

"I like the way you think." Alex leans forward, interested, with a grin. "Five gold says-"

"Lee, Alex, we can't bet on our friends!" Kara protests. "Especially not someone who's our boss!"

Alex sighs and looks to her wife, only to see that she's silently agreeing with her sister. Alex grumbles under her breath but relents, sipping on her bourbon.

There's a pause in the conversation that Winn hesitantly breaks. "Sooo... Alex. How's the married life?"

"That's your attempt at conversation?" Alex nudges him with her shoulder, grinning again. "It's wonderful, Winn. You should try it."

Winn lets out a surprised squeak, his face turning pink. Lyra seems nonplussed by how flustered her boyfriend is, though Alex supposed she's probably used to it by now.

After a moment, Lena takes pity on him and changes the subject. "We could talk about you all visiting the Luthor Kingdom at some point."

"What?" Lucy blinks in surprise at the sudden turn in the conversation.

"Soon after Kara and I get back from our honeymoon, we plan on merging our Kingdoms. Before that officially happens, I would prefer to have my friends and future family see the Luthor Kingdom. You're all brilliant in your own rights, and I have no doubt you will have thoughts I haven't come up with yet about possible future issues."

"I'm down for it. It would be after your honeymoon, but before the merge, right?" Maggie asks.

"Yes," Lena confirms.

"I'm in too, I've heard a lot of things about your Kingdom. Before your rise to power, it wasn't always good." Alex admits.

"I'm working on it, as are my advisors and the woman I've left in charge in my absence."

Alex nods. "I know you are. And I've heard about the good you and your advisors have done for your people. What I was trying to say is that maybe we can see something different in the issues of your Kingdom, and perhaps bring a new perspective or ideas on how to change things."

"I would like that."

"Like I said, I'm in. I want to train with some of your guards. Your archers are legendary, as are you yourself, Lena. But your guard are well-known throughout the land for being capable warriors. I bet I could learn something from them." Maggie says excitedly.

Lena chuckles. "I'm certain there's a thing or two you could teach them as well." Maggie grins at her words and Lena turns to Winn with a smile. "Winn, Lyra? Are you in as well?"

"I've heard stories about the size of your library." Winn says, sighing dreamily. "Yeah, yeah I'm in."

"Then I am as well," Lyra says.

"Wonderful. And Winn, despite what many may think, it isn't size that matters. Quality over quantity." Winn's face turns pink again as the others laugh at Lena's phrasing. "But luckily, in the public library of the capital, we have both."

"I'm in as well. I can't wait to see Winn have a nerdgasm over books." Lucy says.

"Nerdgasm." James sighs. There's a slight smile on his face as he shakes his head.

"Yeah, it's a combination of nerd and-"

"I understand what you were doing, Luce." James quickly cuts her off.

What's this?? An actual chapter?? I'm so sorry that it took so long, my vacation was a lot crazier than I expected, mostly since I helped my dad set up a surprise birthday party for my mom! The next chapter will not take as long to be posted, I promise! And let me know if you want me to write out a never have I ever or just skip to a Sanvers scene before we hit the Supercorp wedding! Thank you all so much for your patience and for reading! Thanks for your amazing comments and stay awesome!