Chapter 56

When Alex stirs the next morning, she can feel a familiar weight pressing down on her left side. She blinks open her eyes and looks over to see Maggie, lying on her stomach and half on top of Alex. Maggie's hair is all over, on Alex's chest and draped over Maggie's face.

Alex lifts her right hand, not wanting to disturb Maggie by moving her left. She carefully moves the strands of hair in Maggie's face behind her ear. Maggie hums in her sleep at the gently touch, snuggling closer and nuzzling her head slowly against Alex's shoulder before getting back to a deeper sleep.

Alex chuckles at Maggie's movements and watches her girlfriend with a soft expression. She startles a bit when she hears a soft snore coming from Maggie's mouth, which she has never heard before. Alex finds it adorable. She wonders if Maggie's snoring because they slept together last night.

Alex leans back and closes her eyes, letting her mind wander back to what happened with them last night. A dopey grin lights up her face but once again, she doesn't care. She opens her eyes and looks at Maggie again, watching how her body moves as she sleeps. She resists the urge to run her hand up and down Maggie's bare back and settles in to wait for her to wake up. It doesn't take as Alex expected.

Maggie takes a deep breath and her nose scrunches up, like she's not happy about the fact that she's waking up. She tiredly stretches out her limbs and then forces her eyes open. It takes them a moment to focus, and when they do, she immediately looks up at Alex's face.

Her face lights up in a sleepy smile that show off her cute dimples. "Morning." Maggie mumbles in greeting.

"Good morning." Alex murmurs, tracing Maggie's spine gently with her fingers now that she's awake.

Maggie shivers at her touch and presses her lips to the nearest expanse of skin, which just happens to be Alex's neck. Alex's breath hitches and she doesn't know if her girlfriend did that on purpose or not. She turns her head so that Maggie has easier access to her lips, which Maggie takes advantage of almost instantly.

She scoots up a little and kisses Alex. Alex melts into it, gently cupping Maggie's face to bring her closer. Maggie ends up practically sitting on top of Alex's lap. Alex can feel how her heart begins to pound in her chest again.

"This position seems familiar." Maggie murmurs against Alex's lips and Alex blushes as she remembers exactly what her girlfriend is referring to.

They continue making out, with Alex eventually sitting up to be able to kiss Maggie better.

It's Alex that pulls back much later before it can go any further than just making out.

"Is something wrong?" Maggie asks worriedly.

"No, no. We're good." Alex assures her. "We just have a lot of work left to do. And if we don't pause this, I don't think we'll leave bed all day."

Maggie hums, a tiny smirk playing on her lips as she gives Alex a quick peck. "And what's wrong with staying in bed all day?"

"Absolutely nothing." Alex breathes out. "Except that we will have a lot more work to do tomorrow."

Maggie lets her head drop against Alex's chest and groans. "Ugh. Why don't we bring in the nerd twins to help?"

"The nerd twins?" Alex questions.

"Vasquez and Winn." Maggie says, lifting her head to look at her girlfriend as she says that.

Alex stares at her for a second before bursting out laughing. "I am definitely telling them you called them that."

Maggie groans. "Allie..." She earns a kiss for that nickname and a smile spreads across her face. "You know, now that I think about it, they aren't the nerd twins." Alex hums, encouraging her to continue. "With you, you're the nerd triplets."