Chapter 165

Lena wakes up next to Kara, in her arms. Lena smiles, not opening her eyes as she snuggles back against Kara's front. Kara's arms tighten around her and she hums contently. It takes her a moment to realize what had woken her, aside from the slight headache. There's another knock, more insistent this time. Kara just groans and grumbles quietly.

"Come in," Lena says loud enough for the person outside to hear.

She pulls up the blanket so that they're covered as the door creaks open slightly. Alex pokes her head in, pointedly looking away from the bed.

"If you could wake Kara, we need you two up so that we can get started. Your wedding is today, after all." Alex says.

"Alright. We should be out in maybe ten minutes."

Alex nods and, still avoiding eye contact, shuts the door behind her as she exits.

Lena turns around in Kara's arms and Kara grumbles in her sleepy haze about moving and then rests her head against Lena's, pulling her closer. Lena smiles and drapes one arm over Kara, gently running her fingers along Kara's back. Kara stirs slightly and snuggles closer.

"It's time to wake up, darling." Lena says softly.

Kara's eyes blink open and she lets out a yawn as she automatically begins gently nuzzling her fiancée.

"You're not a cat." Lena chuckles and brings up her hand to gently scratch at the back of Kara's head. "Good morning, darling."

"Is it time?" Kara asks, pulling back slightly so she can meet Lena's gaze.

"It is. I have a feeling that your sister is waiting outside, ready to burst in if she hears any funny business."

Kara smiles and kisses Lena's nose. "Probably. Though she would probably send Maggie in so that she doesn't see anything. And just think Lee, after today she'll be your sister too."

Lena nods and leans in to kiss Kara again. She doesn't let herself completely melt into the kiss like she usually does, knowing that they should get dressed before Alex gets impatient. When Lena draws back, it takes an impressive amount of self control and it takes her a moment to open her eyes. Kara's already looking at her with a loving expression that makes her heart skip a beat.

"If you keep looking at me like that, I might just keep kissing you until your sister bursts in." Lena whispers, their noses brushing.

"I'm not exactly opposed to the kissing part," Kara murmurs. "But if we want to be ready for tonight, we need to get up and get dressed."

Lena nods in agreement and they get out of bed. "We can kiss plenty of times later tonight." Lena winks at Kara as she heads to where she keeps her clothes.

Kara blinks again and bites her lower lip as she shamelessly watches her fiancée saunter away. She grins and follows her, wrapping her arms around her from behind as Lena goes reaches into one of the dresser drawers. Lena freezes for a moment and then continues with what she was doing, even as Kara rests her chin gently on Lena's shoulder.

"Kara..."

"I know. I just wanted to hold you one more time since I won't see you until the wedding."

Lena sets down the shirt she had picked up and turns around, pulling Kara closer and kissing her again. It's a brief but searing kiss that leaves Kara dazed when Lena pulls back.

"Focus, darling."

Kara nods automatically as Lena turns around once again, now looking for pants and undergarments to wear. Kara pulls back after pressing a single kiss to a small mole that Lena has on her neck and heads to her dresser, using her superspeed to find and put on clothes.

"That's cheating." Lena murmurs, amusement in her tone. She's only halfway done with putting on her pants.

"I can use the extra time to help you." Kara's eyes sparkle.

Lena grins. "I like your line of thinking."

Kara helps Lena into the rest of her clothes, staying as close to her as she can and using it as an excuse to touch her as much as possible. Once they're done, they spend a second just looking into each other's eyes and restraining themselves from kissing again.

A knock sounds at the door, jolting them out of their haze. "Are you two making out?" Maggie calls. Lena strides over and opens the door. Maggie looks almost surprised to see her, but grins at her. "Nice hickey."

Lena touches the spot on her neck that Kara had sucked a bruise onto the night before. She grins as she hears Alex make an exaggerated throwing up sound.

"Thank you. It's courtesy of your sister-in-law." Lena's smile widens when she hears her fiancée's embarrassed squeak behind her. "Shall we?"

"We shall. Come with me, Lena." Maggie grabs Lena's hand and begins leading her away from the Danvers sisters.

Lena follows her to a room that's all set up for her to get ready for her wedding. This is Maggie's first time seeing what Lena plans to wear and she lets out a low whistle.

"Damn, Little Luthor. Are you trying to kill Kara?"

"It would be such a Luthor thing to do, but no." Lena says, her smirk growing. She sits on the stool in front of the mirror as Maggie speaks again.

"She'll die a happy woman. Dang. Alright, I know you're excellent with makeup and can do your own, so just let me know what I can do to help."

"Thank you," Lena says earnestly. "If you don't mind, you could hand me what I need."

"Sure."

"Scalpel," Lena deadpans, holding out her hand expectantly.

Maggie blanches. "Okay I may not know a ton about makeup, but I'm getting the impression you're messing with me right now."

Lena grins. "I am. If you could hand me that powder, that would be wonderful."

Maggie hands it to her. "I could start working on your hair while you do that."

"That works. Thank you, Maggie."

"Hey, you're becoming my sister today. I want to help in any way I can." They smile at each other before getting to work, a small smile still lingering as they do.

Listen, Lena and Maggie are les-bros and no one can convince me differently... Any who, are you guys down for Supercorp smut after the wedding? After that there will be some general softness, but then I think the book will end? With the prompt book next, and then an epilogue! Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!