Chapter 38

"Queen Lena."

"Sir Alex," Lena greets her back.

Only Alex's slight twitch of her eyebrows betray her surprise at Lena knowing who she is immediately. Maggie's looking between Lena and Kara with thinly veiled interest, noticing the lack of space between them and how they don't seem to mind in the least. That doesn't surprise her with Kara, but she has heard that the illusive Queen of the Luthor Kingdom likes her personal space.

Kara's too busy giving Alex a warning look to notice Maggie's inquisitive gaze, but Lena definitely does. When Kara's attention is pulled back to Lena and vice versa, Maggie leans in and whispers something to Alex.

Alex scoffs, pulling Lena and Kara's attention back over to them. "What? No way."

Maggie nods with a smirk. "I'll bet you ten bucks, Danvers."

Alex squints at her girlfriend, eyeing her warily. She relents and sticks out her hand. "Deal, Sawyer. I know you're wrong."

Maggie smirks as they shake on it.

"What did you guys bet on?" Kara asks curiously.

"Nothing," Alex answers too quickly.

Kara gives her an odd look but decides that now that Alex has a girlfriend, she probably doesn't want to know everything they bet on. She shrugs it off for now as Lena introduces herself to Maggie.

"You must be Sir Maggie Sawyer." Lena says, holding out her hand.

Maggie shakes it and smiles in return, flashing those famous dimples that make Alex melt, even if they aren't because of her. "Queen Lena Luthor. I have to say, I didn't expect you to know my name. I'm still pretty new around here. Hell, half of the people I work with don't know my name."

"They're learning a lot quicker than usual, babe. Especially since you're dating the hotter Danvers sister." Alex says, nudging her girlfriend and grinning at her sister's affronted noise.

"To be honest, I've been tracking your career for years." Lena admits. "You're very good at what you do and I was considering hiring you as a royal guard when you were scooped up by the Danvers. Though with my family's reputation, I doubt you would have taken the job anyway."

"I didn't know that." Kara says.

"I didn't either until I saw her face. I recognized it from her file." Lena says, reaching out her hand to let their pinkies intertwine briefly. "Not to mention, Kara's told me a lot about you. It's nice to meet you."

"It's good to meet you too. Now come on, Little Danvers. Your sister and I have been baking cakes." Maggie gives Kara a wink.

"Wait," Kara says, her nerves resurfacing.

"Wait?" Alex repeats, sounding bewildered. "Kara, you did hear her, right? She said cake."

"I know."

Kara reaches up to adjust her glasses before quietly huffing at the reminder she doesn't have them. Alex wordlessly pulls them out of her pocket and hands them to Kara. She watches her with worried eyes. Kara thanks her softly and puts them back on her face. Lena fights hard not to show how much she's swooning right now at the sight of her girlfriend in glasses. Who knew she could look even more adorable?

"Um. Before we go to the castle, I want to tell you guys something."

Kara adjusts her glasses again nervously. Lena wishes she could reach out and offer support, but she knows that this is up to Kara. Whether she tells them now or not, it's up to her. Lena doesn't want to pressure her with her touch. Gods know how many times her family had done that to her. She wouldn't ever want to do that to someone else, especially not Kara. Her sweet, loving, adorable Kara.