Chapter 25

"The bar," Alex and Maggie say at the same time.

"Alex," Winn starts carefully. "I know this is a stressful situation but it really isn't the time for-"

"Winn." Alex cuts him off. "I'm not talking about going for a drink."

"Right." Winn says awkwardly, his eyes wide as he avoids meeting Alex's gaze. "So, um. What are you guys talking about?"

"An alien told me about this bar in town that's specifically for off-worlders." Maggie explains. "Alex, Kara, and I checked it out before she had to leave. It's more a dive bar than anything, but a lot of aliens go there. If Cadmus hits it, there will be high casualties."

Alex clears her throat quietly, pushing down her response to how hot Maggie is when she's taking charge. "Winn, how long until they get here?"

He frowns down at his notes and looks back up. "Two days if we're lucky."

Alex curses quietly. "That isn't enough time to do much."

"What can we do?" Winn questions, sounding even more anxious than usual.

"Set a trap." Vasquez suggests.

"That might actually work." Alex murmurs and everyone looks to her. "We can evacuate the citizens, and tell them to tell their friends that the bar is closed for now."

"They may see that as a xenophobic move," Maggie says. "We may want to consider telling them the truth."

"It could cause a panic." Winn points out.

"Possibly, but are you willing to risk their safety?" Maggie retorts passionately, but speaks in such a way that it doesn't feel like a personal attack. "Just some might be scared and panic because Lillian Luthor's gang of xenophobes want to kill them?"

"That's a fair point." Winn concedes. "So who will be telling them?"

"Sir Maggie and Sir Alex can do that." J'onn says. "The aliens are already familiar with their faces and most will see them as allies."

Alex nods. "Yes sir. And as for the actual plan on how to take down the group, we could ambush them."

"Oh!" Winn exclaims, making everyone else jump in surprise. "Do you know where the bar is? Like streetwise? Because I have layouts of every known business in National City. I even brought a stack of them here!" So that explains the messy stack of papers on the table.

"Yeah, it's right in Alley 307." Maggie says.

"Alright, I think I know where you're talking about. Wait for it, wait for it..." Winn says as he digs through the pile. "Ha! Found it!" He holds up a piece of paper victoriously and slides the paper over to Alex and Maggie. "Is this the bar?"

"Yeah, it is." Alex confirms proudly, resisting the urge to ruffle Winn's hair affectionately. "So here's what I'm thinking we could do..."

***

Lena wakes up that morning feeling more rested than she ever remembers feeling. She's also warm, but not uncomfortably so.

Lena sucks in a deep breath and lets it out slowly as she sleepily stretches out her limbs, frowning when she accidentally hits something hard. Her tired eyes blink open but refuse to focus for a few seconds as she gets used the the light. When the world comes into view, she can feel the hammering of her heart in her chest.

Kara's sleeping face is only inches from hers. Lena drags her eyes away from her lips and takes in her face. She looks so peaceful and beautiful, but the spell is broken when Kara lets out a quiet snore. It's the cutest thing Lena's ever heard and she puts her hand over her mouth to stifle a giggle.