Chapter 119

Maggie's hands are shaking as she looks at herself in the mirror. Lucy and Winn have done a wonderful job with her hair and makeup. The nerves still roil in her stomach, like a warm butterfly fluttering around in her gut.

Yeah, she's nervous. Maggie isn't having second thoughts or anything, Gods no. She's just... She's not used to public displays of affection. And this is the ultimate one, her declaring her undying love for Alex. Maggie is nervous about how she will be able to show that in the way that Alex deserves, and about saying it in front of a bunch of people. Even if she knows all of them.

Because Alex deserves everything, and everyday Maggie tries to be the best she can be. Not just to deserve Alex and her love, but also for herself. And Maggie knows Alex will love whatever she says, and they'll definitely both cry during their vows, but Maggie still wants it to be perfect.

Lucy notices Maggie's worrying and places a hand on her shoulder. Maggie doesn't turn around but instead meets her eyes in the mirror. Lucy gives her an encouraging smile.

"You're going to have the best wedding, Maggie. You and your girl are going to make everyone cry." Lucy winks at her and Maggie chuckles.

"Including me," Maggie says. "Did you-"

"Put waterproof makeup on your face? Yes, yes we did."

Lucy nudges Winn with a proud smile. She thinks that this might be their best handiwork. Those fun nights putting makeup on Lyra and James' faces definitely paid off. It was hilarious and fun, it's a bonus that it worked out well with Maggie. 

"Thank you both. You did great." Maggie says with her famous dimpled smile.

There's a knock on the door and James opens it to reveal J'onn. He smiles warmly as his Earth daughter stands to greet him.

"You look beautiful, Maggie." J'onn says gruffly, barely keeping his emotions contained.

"Thank you." She looks down at herself and adjusts her clothing slightly. "It isn't too much?"

"It's perfect," Winn says.

Maggie looks at him and his eyes are already watering. She smiles warmly at the man she's come to see as her brother.

"It's almost time for your wedding to begin. Are you ready?" J'onn asks, glancing at his watch.

"As ready as I'll ever be," Maggie says half-jokingly.

J'onn smiles. She looks just as nervous as he was in his own wedding, all those years ago.

"J'onn, I have to say. You look good in that suit. M'gann will really like it." Lucy winks at him, smirking.

J'onn clears his throat, but they can all tell he's blushing. He holds out his arm and Maggie links their arms. The other couples do the same behind them and J'onn begins walking with Maggie towards the exit that leads to where the ceremony will take place. Guards pull open the doors for them, smiles on all their faces. When people notice Maggie walking through the doors, they stand from where they were seated.

Just like with most weddings, there are two sides with chairs, parted for an aisle for the brides to walk down. But this time, the people that have come have done so for both of them, so Maggie knows people on both sides. She tries not to cry already but knows her tear ducts won't let her cheeks stay dry for long.

Maggie can see Eliza, beaming at her from the very front row. Jeremiah isn't next to her, so he must have gone to get Alex. J'onn escorts Maggie to the front, where he stands with her. Alex and Maggie, after some discussion, had decided to ask J'onn to officiate their wedding. After some crying between the three of them when they'd asked, he had readily agreed, just like he agreed to walk Maggie down the aisle after her letter to her family went unanswered.

James walks down the aisle after them with Lucy on his arm, a striking couple both wearing suits. James goes on Maggie's side, leaving room for the maid of honor, and Lucy goes to where Alex's side will be. Winn and Lyra walk down the aisle next, with Winn going on Alex's side and Lyra going to Maggie's.

***

A knock sounds on Alex's door and Lena opens it. Jeremiah stands at the door, a soft smile on his face.

"It's time, kiddo."

Alex takes a deep breath, attempting to calm her nerves, and stands. Jeremiah's eyes go wide, as he had not yet had the pleasure of seeing his eldest daughter in her wedding dress yet. He tears up and sniffles, holding out his arm to his daughter. Together they walk with Lena and Kara behind them.

***

The doors open once more, the people remaining standing and turning to face the second bride. Winn immediately bursts into tears at the sight of his sister and Lucy pats his back, tears of her own glistening in her eyes.

Maggie normally would have noticed the reactions of everyone in the room because of her training, but today she only has eyes for her fiancée.

Alex has on a white dress that looks almost minimalistic. It goes down to her ankles, flowing beautiful in front of her as she takes steps towards her wife-to-be with her father next to her. Alex's dress has lace on the shoulders and chest area, where the neckline dips conservatively, showing off her beautiful skin without showing more than Alex is willing to. The top half and waist hugs her perfectly while the bottom half flows outwards with every step she takes. The sleeves end just past her shoulders, showing off the strength in her arms.

Maggie's mouth closes automatically, but she still had it dropped open for long enough for Alex to notice, once she's finished looking Maggie up and down a couple times first.

Maggie's wearing a suit, to Alex's surprise and delight. It's a light gray, and form-fitting. The white button up underneath it is plain, and Maggie has slim gray tie over it. The sleeves of the suit jacket fall perfectly on her, showing off the muscles Alex loves so much.

And of course, tears had formed in their eyes and slipped down their cheeks as they each see their beautiful partner.

Next chapter, the wedding continues! Guys, this is gonna be so gay. I love it! Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!