Chapter 10: Icy Eyes

I feel myself being carried through the air as my feet hit the ground, one before the other. The sound of his footsteps seem to become closer and closer. Just as I slow to turn a corner two firm hands grip my waist and at that very moment I know I'm completely and utterly a dead man.

In a split second my feet are off the ground and my body is flailing in the air like drunken bird and I'm placed on Eric's broad shoulders while squirming for my life. He walks with ease as my head hits his strong back and I watch as one foot goes in front of the other.

"I hope you know princess you are going to regret that," I hear him growl lowly. Soon the crashing of water meets my ears and for a moment I think we might be heading outside. All my thoughts are interupted when suddenly my body is thrown back over his shoulder like a rag doll and his hand is firmly wrapped around my neck cutting off all my air supply.

Out of the corner of my eye I see I'm being held over some sort of cave-like cavern with crashing waters beneath me and one slip of Eric's hand and I am dead.
"I swear on my life princess, if you pull another stunt like that, or do anything else as stupid as that I will throw you in the chasm and there will be no one here to stop me," his eyes no longer hold angry fire but more ice. Cold, hard, unbreakable ice. Just like what he told me was the cold hard truth and he was not going to break his promise.

Right as the air in my lungs started to get limited I was tossed to the ground and collapsed in a heap onto it while gasping for air that I needed so much. I hear his fading footsteps but find my voice quick enough to say, "If you think threatening my life is going to scare me," I let out a hoarse cough, "Then you're wrong." His eyes bore into my own and I put on my best smirk, that is until a grin crawls onto his face, "You'll fit in great here."

+++

I don't think Eric's gotten any nicer but I think we've just gotten used to his cruelty and strict rules. Today we're supposed to learn how to hit, something I know most of us will do with a lot of resistance. Violence was practically banned from our minds ever since we were young, the only time I've ever thought about punching someone before I met Eric would probably be when I'd get really mad at Nate, let's just say we didn't exactly have a healthy relationship.

As we watched Eric's perfect form I couldn't help but watch as his muscles flexed each time his knuckles collided with the bag and made it go flying backwards. His arm draws back and a loud thud is heard throughout the room as his fist connects with the bag and his arm bounces right back into a defensive position.

"Got it?" he looks around and before we can answer he walks out of our way so we can all line up along the bags and mimic his previous actions. I chose the closest bag and remember what he showed me yesterday morning, arm back, feet apart, thumb tucked over finger, fists up. BAM. My fist collides with the tough bag and sends it backwards.

I start to feel adrenaline pump through me was I begin doing the very thing I spent my whole life shunning. I hit it over and over and over agian, not out of anger but out of fun. This is so fun. Why did we ever consider this a bad thing, it's only exercise right? BAM. BAM. BAM. The bag goes back and my sore muscles begin to ache again but I don't care, I'm having way to much fun.

I glance around the room to see Eric yelling at a transfer for not doing the form correctly, then my eyes settle on Sasha who's literally beating the crap out of the punching bag while everyone else seems a little confused with the whole concept that their fists are actually hitting something.

I turn to my bag once again and start to go at it even harder this time with as much force as my muscles can exert.
"You're stronger than you look," I hear a voice say from behind me and turn with a scowl on my face.
"You've always known how strong I am," I retort to Nate and go back at my bag while punching with less adrenaline and more anger.