Chapter 19: Room 765

I don't know how long I've been in here but it has to have been over an hour or two. Nate never came back to my surprise and I begin to wonder where he's gone off to if he's supposed to be with me in the Factionless. My fingers wrap around the broken flashlight that I've been working on for however long I've been in here.

Feeling around the flashlight I try to put the last piece in and twist the cap on, saying a silent prayer to God that it works I press the button. Nothing but darkness.
"Are you kidding me?" I hiss and shake the flashlight when suddenly a beam of white light blinds me and I screech and fall to the ground covering my eyes.

Opening my eyes all I see are white spots everywhere, once my eyes chill out a bit they move towards the flashlight that streams light throughout the entire room. Crawling over to it I shine it throughout the entire room to make sure it is in fact completely empty. I shine the light on the ceiling to see streams of water flowing down the side of the cold stone wall, well that'd explain the horrible moldy smell.

Racing towards the door I bang on it as hard as I can, screaming and shouting I wiggle the handle but the only sound I get is the hum of rushing water close by. Crouching down I place the flashlight in my mouth as I stare at the lock. Reaching up for it I get a good glance at my bloody wrists that I managed to wiggle out of the rope a while back and I didn't think they were that bad but a crimson coat covers from my wrists to mid-forearm.

Purple and brown bruises were scattered along my wrists while dark red dried up blood coated them like a second set of skin. Digging around my hair for a bobby pin, or my pockets for any object that I could maybe use to get out of this I let out an agitated sigh as I realize I have nothing.

Starring down at my hands helplessly I I trace one of my finger nails. Maybe, just maybe they're long enough to unlock the door, I guess they're my only hope. Shoving the flashlight back into my mouth I get to work, jabbing my nail in I begin to wiggle it.

After what seems like ages of twisting and turning, switching nails and bloodied fingers, I finally try my thumb nail one more time. I look down at my injured hands and wonder how I got myself into this mess. Sucking on my thumb to relieve some of it's pain I slide it into the lock and twist it with all my might, this has to work, I have to get out of here I'm not going to die here just because my ex turned into a psychopath.

Hearing a click I feel hope surge through me, that is until I realize it wasn't a click but a snap. Yanking my thumbnail out of the lock I let out a bloodcurling scream as blood streams down my right hand warming my entire arm with my own blood. I grit my teeth and clentch my jaw in pain, not only did the lock rip off my nail but when I yanked it out it ripped up the entire tender part of my thumb open leaving the vein that rested there to flow freely out of my thumb.

I flash the light on my bloodsoaked arm and winced as I saw my nailless thumb and the steady crimson blood that seems to squirt from my right thumb. The light dimmed and I froze, is my eye sight giving out? That's when I saw the flashlight get dimmer, picking it up with my left hand I shake it a little causing it to go full brightness again, the light is short lived because as soon as it shines on my hand once more darkness consumes everything around me.

I shake the flashlight once more, it has to work, this has to work, it can't die on me!
"DAMNIT!" I scream as I realize the flashlight won't work anymore. Gripping it tightly in my hand I fling it across the room sending all of my hardwork shattering to the ground.

I fall to my knees on the cold stone floor feeling a sob wrack my body as I cover my tearstained face with my bloody hands. A feeling of complete and utter defeat comes over my body and I lay on the ground with more and more tears streaming down my face. This is it, I'm having a full blown meltdown.