Two

I slowly walked away from the prison, not looking back once. I tried not to cry, but a tear rolled down my face. I haven't cried since my brother turned. I wiped off my tear and looked up. A walker was right in front of me. I fell down. I didn't want to slaughter it, so I was just going to let it kill me. There is no point anymore. The walker started to attack me. I wasn't scared to die. I squinted my eyes, as tears rolled down my face. I looked up and it wasn't there anymore. It was laying by my side, dead. I looked up at the stranger who murdered it. It was Carol. She helped me up, and I gave her a huge hug. I let go, and she was looking at me like she was confused.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Uh. Nothing," she replied. "It's just that you've never hugged me before."

"Oh. Uhm, I'm sorry,"I said.

She shook her head and said, "Don't be. Why didn't you fight back? You never give up."

"Well there was no reason to live. The prison is destroyed, everyone is separated, and most of all, I wasn't with you. Now I am. An I'm so happy to see you," I replied. I really wanted to tell her how I felt, but it just wouldn't come out. I stared at my feet as she approached me.

"Hey you alright?" she asked as she lifted my chin.

"Yeah. Fine. Why?" I replied.

"You look hurt," she said. "Are you?"

"Uh yeah. Just twisted my ankle when I fell, is all." She put her arm around me and put mine around her shoulder.

"My car is just up ahead," she said.

"Thank you, Carol," I replied. She stopped and looked up at me then smiled.

She said, "No problem. After all, what are friends for?" We slowly walked to her car. Once we got to it, she helped me in on the passenger side. She shut the door, walked to the other side, and got in.

"Where we goin?" I asked her.

"There's a camp a few miles out," she replied.

I looked at her and asked, "Is there people?"

"Yeah. Only a few, but there are," she replied.

"If your camp is a few miles out, what were you doing over here?" I asked as she pulled off.

"I was on a supply run," she replied.

I looked at her and said, "All by yourself? Nobody else could've gone withe you?"

"Well before they took me in, I came here all the time to get supplies. I know this place better than anyone else," she replied. It was quiet most of the time. Carol stopped in front of a few tents.

"We're here," she said. "Let me go get the supplies out and I'll help you after."

"I think I got it," I replied as I opened the car door. We both walked around back to get the supplies. We carried them over to the middle of the tents.

"Why don't you sit down?" Carol said to me as she helped me sit on a log. "Guys I got the supplies," Carol said. Tons of people came out of the tents.

"I thought you said there were only a few? There's like twenty people," I said.

"Well I lied, Daryl. Sorry," she replied. A tall, pale guy went up to Carol.

"Who's this hick?" he asked her. I stood up and got in his face.

"You better watch your mouth sunshine," I told him.

"Toby be nice," Carol said to the man. "Daryl sit down"

"Yes ma'am," I replied. She got some tape to wrap my ankle with. "This is Daryl," she said as she wrapped up my ankle. "He was apart of the group in the prison."

"So this is the one that kicked you out?" said Toby as he approached me.

"No Toby, that was Rick." A girl that was about twenty-five went up to Carol.

"Is this the one you're always talking about?" she asked. "He is cute." I was messing with my crossbow and looked up. Carol was blushing. I smiled and started messing with my crossbow again.

"When my ankle is feelin better, I can go huntin," I said. Carol looked up from her feet and said,

"That would be great Daryl. Thank you."

"No problem," I replied.

"It's getting dark," she said. "We should all go to sleep. Toby it's your turn to stand watch."

"Alright," replied Toby.

"Daryl we don't have anymore tents," said Carol.

"He can sleep in my tent,"said Toby.

"I'll just stand watch with you," I replied. "We can go and find another tent tomorrow."