Twelve

I woke up late at night and screamed. I had the worst nightmare ever. Carol got eaten by walkers and turned. She was coming after me. I couldn't kill her, so she killed me first. I was crying as she attacked me. I woke up before I was dead.

Carol immediately woke up. She shuffled to the chair I was sleeping in. I breathed so heavily, you could hear my lungs expanding. She kneeled down beside me and grabbed my hand. She started rubbing my back.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"I had a nightmare. You turned and I was too sad to kill you. I was crying as you attacked me, and then I woke up," I replied.

"It was just a nightmare," she said as she grabbed the back of my neck. She pulled my head down towards her and kissed the top of my head. "You look uncomfortable. Do you want to sleep in the bed while I sleep here?"

"No. You need to sleep on the bed," I replied. She stood up and got a mug of water. She walked back and gave it to me. "Thanks."

"Would you feel more comfortable if you slept on the bed next to me?" she asked.

"Yeah," I replied. She went and sat on the bed. She got under the covers. I spread the blanket out on the other side and slept on top of it so it wouldn't be weird.

"Goodnight Daryl," she said as she turned off the lamp.

"Goodnight," I replied as I tried to go back to sleep. I finally drifted off and I had another nightmare. I woke up screaming, again. Carol quickly turned on the light. She sat up, and so did I.

"Another nightmare?" she asked as she grabbed my hand.

"Yeah," I replied, breathing very heavily.

"Tell me about it. Let it all out," she said.

"I was a walker this time. I was at the prison. I was killing everyone in sight; Rick, Michonne, Tyreese, Maggie, Glenn, everyone. I woke up right before I could kill Judith," I replied. Tears started rolling down my cheek. She let go of my hand and wiped the tear off. I turned to look at her. She moved the hair out of my eyes.

"Why don't we go to sleep?" said Carol.

"Yeah we probably should," I replied.

"Just remember that I'm right here," she said as she grabbed my hand. She scooted closer to me so that I would feel comfortable. A while later we finally went to sleep.

A/N-

Hey guys! I know I haven't updated in a while! But here ya go! Oh and sorry it's so short. This was basically a filler chapter.. I hope you enjoyed!