Six

My heart was beating like crazy. Daryl looked at me with the We aren't getting out of this look. The guy who called himself Gareth looked at us mysteriously.

"Have you heard of the Terminus?" he asked.

"No. What is it?" replied Daryl.

"It's a safe haven," said Gareth.

"Forget it. We aren't going with you," I said.

"Why? You don't like safe havens?" he asked.

"Nope. Bad experience with them," I replied.

"Just trust me. Im not the bad guy here," he replied. He started towards us. Daryl and I walked to the van very quickly. I hopped in the driver's seat and Daryl in the passenger seat. I tried to start the car. We were out of gas. Gareth slowly walked towards us. Daryl jumped out of the car and readied his crossbow.

"Now, now. There's no need for violence," he said as he lowered the crossbow.

"How many walkers have you killed?" asked Daryl.

"Roughly fifty," replied Gareth.

"How many people have you killed?" he asked.

"Just those two men over there," replied Gareth.

"Why?" asked Daryl.

"They were a threat to me and my family," said Gareth.

"You have any questions for us?" asked Daryl.

"Just why you asked me those questions," he replied.

"When our group was still in one peice, our leader wanted to ask new people those questions," replied Daryl.

"Seems fine to me," i said to Daryl quietly.

"Where is this terminus?" asked Daryl.

"If you'll follow me," replied Gareth.

"Let us get our stuff first," I said. We walked over to the back of the van and grabbed two backpacks. We filled them up with only the necessary stuff. We walked over to where Gareth was and followed him. He lead us to the train tracks. We walked forever. We finally came across a sign that said:

Sanctuary for all

Community for all

Those who arrive survive.

There was a map under it. There were tons of trails leading to the same place. Maybe people from the prison saw this and are going here I thought to myself. Gareth was about ten feet in front of us. Daryl stopped and grabbed my hand.

"I don't know if we can trust this guy," he said.

We continued walking before I said, " Maybe people from the prison are there."

"Did you say people from the prison?" asked Gareth.

"Yeah. I did," I replied.

"There are people from a prison at the terminus," said Gareth as he turned around.