Thirteen

***Carol's POV***

I woke up early the next morning. I put on my shoes and put my knife in its holster. I walked outside and grabbed the bucket that was at the door. I started walking towards the well. Soon enough Gareth came walking up behind me. He put his arm around me.

"So I was thinking that maybe we could go for a walk or something sometime," he said.

"We're walking right now," I replied.

"Oh. I mean like just us. No one around, ya know?" he said.

"I'll have to think about it," I replied.

"Well here. Let me take that for you," he said as he grabbed the bucket out of my hands. We finally got to the well. I grabbed the bucket out from Gareth's hand. I put it on the rope and lowered it down. It hit the water and filled up. I pulled it back up. I untied the rope and grabbed the bucket. Gareth could tell I was struggling because he grabbed it out of my hands, again.

"Thanks," I said.

"No problem," he said, smiling. We walked until we got to my room. Gareth came in as well to set the water on the counter. After he did that, he smiled and left. Daryl was still sleeping. I walked over to the bed and covered him with the blankets. I went back over to the counter and started filling up water bottles. When I was done, I went back outside. I was looking for Gareth. He was sitting on the bench next to the sunflowers. I went and sat next to him.

"Oh hi," he said as he smiled.

"Hey. I was bored so, you want to take that walk now?" I asked. He stood up and put his hand out for me to take it. I stood up and grabbed his hand. We walked to the very back of the terminus. The grass was really tall. We were talking about what we did before the turn and our families. It turns out that he was abused when he was a kid. We walked back to where we started, the bench. He let go of my hand and jumped on the bench. He picked one of the flowers and kneeled down.

"Mi'lady," he said as he put his head down and extended his hand. I took the flower and smiled. He stood back up and jumped off the bench. He grabbed my hand and led me to the well. That famous smile spread his face when we got there.

"What?" I asked. He took the flower out of my hand and put it in my hair. I put my head down.

"You look beautiful," he said as he lifted up my chin. He leaned in and kissed me. Is it bad that I kissed him back? I thought to myself. When I looked up, Daryl was standing there with a bucket, looking shocked. Daryl walked away rather quickly. I took the flower out of my hair and threw it on the ground.

"You saw him didn't you?" I asked. He just grinned. I followed Daryl.

***Daryl's POV***

I woke up and went to the counter. There were water bottles filled up with water. I grabbed one and noticed that the bucket was almost empty. I set the water bottle down and put on my shoes. I grabbed my knife and put it in its holster. I grabbed my crossbow and slung it across my back. I grabbed the bucket and headed for the well. When I got there, I saw Carol and Gareth kissing. They stopped when I got there. I went back to the room as quickly as I could. I slammed the door behind me. I put my crossbow on the bed and sat in the chair. I brought my knees up to my chest. A while later, Carol walked in the room. I buried my head into my knees. I could hear her walking towards me. I heard her move my crossbow and sit on the bed.

"It's not what it looked like, Daryl," she said.

"Oh really. Coz' it looked to me like you and Gareth were kissing," I replied as I looked up from my knees.

"I was waiting on you to wake up, so I went on a walk with Gareth. He took me to the well and attacked me with that kiss. He wouldn't have if you-"

"Oh so now you're blaming me?" I interrupted her.

"That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying it's his fault. I guess he was just being rude," she replied. "Will you please look at me?" I dragged my knees off of the chair. "Please smile." I smiled at her and she smiled back. She stood up, and came towards me. She put her hand on my cheek, as I looked up. She leaned down, and kissed me. After how mad I was, I still kissed back. We pulled away, and I smiled, and actually smiled this time. She did the same. It was the best feeling ever.

A/N-

Hey guys! Almost 1000 reads! Thank you guys! Now I have a very important question for you guys. Should I do longer chapters and slower updates, or shorter chapters and quicker updates? Whichever has the most votes, I will do.

Please vote and comment! Thanks! Love you guys!