Five

***Carol's POV***

I woke up with my head on Daryl's chest. His arm was around my shoulder and my left leg on top of his. I crept to the end of the couch trying not to wake him up.

"Mornin' Carol," he said.

"Morning," I replied. "How long have you been asleep?"

"About two hours," he replied.

"Oh. Well I'm going to see if there's any clothes in the bedroom. I need to get out of these," I said.

"Alright," he replied. I got up and headed for the bedroom. I dug through the drawers in a dresser. I found some cologne and body spray in one drawer. I set them on top of the dresser and continued looking. I finally found some clothes. I walked over to the door and shut it. After I was done changing, I spritzed myself with body spray. I grabbed the cologne and went back into the living room. Daryl looked up from messing with his crossbow.

"There's some clothes in there if you want to change," I said.

"Ok," he replied.

"But take this," I said as I tossed the cologne to him. "You smell."

"Oh thanks," he said sarcastically. He got up and went to the room. Something fell out of his pocket. It was a ring. I grabbed it and headed for the bedroom. I knocked once and entered. He was unbuttoning his shirt.

"Sorry. I forgot something," I said as I walked over to the dresser.

"It's alright," he replied. I set the ring next to the cologne and started for the door. I looked up at Daryl and smiled. I then noticed a few scars on his chest. I stopped in my tracks. I walked over to him and pointed at the scars.

"What happened?" I asked. He looked down at the scars.

"You weren't supposed to see that," he said as he nervously tried buttoning up his shirt.

"Take off your shirt," I said.

"What?" he replied.

"You heard me. Take off your shirt," I said. He took off his shirt and turned around. There were scars covering his back. I walked closer to him and ran my fingers over the scars.

"What happened?" I asked.

"All the time I was living with my dad, he'd beat me," he replied. "I never wanted you to see this."

"I'm sorry," I said as he turned around. He grabbed a shirt from the drawer and put it on. He then grabbed the rest of his stuff, including the ring.

"We should go," he said. He walked out the door and I followed. He picked up the waters and food and put it in a bag. I grabbed the sleeping bags and flashlights. We moved the couch just enough so we could fit through the door.

"I'll drive," I said. "You need to rest." He looked at me and put the stuff up. He then climbed in the passenger seat. I went to the trunk and put the other stuff up. I walked to the drivers side and got in.

"Are you not going to talk to me?" I asked.

"No. I'm tired, and sad," he replied.

"Alright," I said.

*

*

*

A while after driving, we came across some tents. I woke Daryl up and we got our weapons. There was a man. He didn't see us. He shot two other men. They didn't look like walkers, they didn't even look like they were dying. He killed them in cold blood. We tried rushing back to the van.

"Well hello there," he said. We both turned around very quickly. "The name's Gareth."

A/N

Sorry for a short chapter. I have had writer's block for many days. I just figured out how to finish it. So here ya go! Oh and I'm trying to do quite a few in Carol's POV too.