Fourteen

*Carol's POV*

I woke up to the sun piercing through the blinds. I had a really bad headache, and the light didn't help much. I turned onto my right side to see Daryl sleeping in the chair. I slowly and quietly got out of the bed to be sure not to wake him. I grabbed my shoes that were by the bed and I put them on. I laced them up and slowly got to my feet. I walked to the counter to get a cup of water. I grabbed a mug, and put some water in it. I went back over to the bed and sat down.

"G'mornin'," I hear from behind me. I turn around and see Daryl with tired eyes and smiling. He yawned and it was so cute.

"Good morning, Daryl," I replied. He walked over and sat right next to me. I looked up at him and half smiled.

"What's wrong?" he asked with concern in his voice.

"I have a really bad headache," I replied. I set the water down on the night stand. Daryl opened his arms as a sign for me to hug him. I embraced him in the hug, and we sat there for a while.

"I hope you feel better," he said as he broke the hug.

"Me too," I replied. I fell back onto the bed, and just laid there.

"How bout we leave this place?" he asked. I sat up quickly, ignoring the pain in my head.

"Why?" I asked. "There's safety here. Food. Water. Shelter. You really want to leave this place behind?"

"Why not? I mean have you ever noticed how everyone looks at us like we're their next meal? It's starting to freak me out," he replied. He grabbed his boots and continued to talk. "We could find our own place. Or we could look for the group. I mean, what's the harm?" he laced his boots up.

"The harm is, there's walkers out there that could kill us," I reply. He sat back down next to me.

"There's people in here that could kill us. What's the difference?" he said. He grabbed my hand and looked into my eyes. "We don't know these people that well. I want to find our group. Not just some group that we came to after seeing the leader kill two people. Please think about it while I go get some water." He let go of my hand and grabbed his crossbow and the bucket of water. He grabbed his knife and put it in his holster. He kissed my head and said, "I really do hope your head feels better. And please make the right decision." He opened the door and walked out. He made sure to shut it as quietly as possible.

*Daryl's POV*

I made sure to shut the door as quietly as possible, so that the noise wouldn't disturb Carol. I walked leisurely to the well, not trying to draw any attention to myself, but apparently I did. People looked at me like I had just killed someone. I finally got to the well, happy to escape the unwanted stares. I put the bucket on the rope and lowered it down. I left it there until I felt that the bucket was full. I un-tied the rope and started pacing to the room. More people stared me down. I felt like a dirty mutt when they looked at me this way. I finally reached the room and opened the door slowly. Someone other than Carol was in there. Gareth. I ignored him and put the water on the counter. He just grinned. I walked back over and Gareth stood up. I pulled back my arm and punched him as hard as possible. He was knocked out.

"That was for last night," I yelled. Carol stood up to greet me. "I'm sorry for the noise, I just needed to do that."

"It's fine," she replied. She pointed to some bags on the bed. "I've decided."

"So, I just got that water for nothin then?" I asked.

"I guess so," she smiled. I smiled back and grabbed one bag. She grabbed her knife and gun and put them both in holsters. She then grabbed the other bag and we headed out the door. it didn't take long to get to the gate, just about five minutes. I opened the gate and we walked right on through. I turned around and closed it.

*

*

*

We walked for about an hour until we found our car. We opened the back doors and put our bags down. I got in the passenger side and Carol got in the driver's side. We talked until Carol fell asleep.

A/N-

Sorry it's been so long! I've been really busy with school work and stuff! But since next week is my last week of school, I will definitely be updating more! I hope you liked this chapter! Please comment what you thought! I love criticism! Oh and 1.5K already! Thanks guys! Love y'all!