Twenty

"Tyreese!" I yelled. Walkers started surrounding him. The whole group ran around him so we could defeat the walkers. We all started shooting. Carol took the baby from Tyreese's hands and ran away while everyone else was shooting. She went and found a place to hide while we were killing the walkers. We finished killing the walkers, and everyone started hugging Tyreese, except for Rick and Carl.

"Carol!" I heard Rick yell. She emerged from some bushes with Judith. Rick and Carl started crying. Rick took the baby and held her tight. Judith started smiling. He gave Judith to Carl and hugged Tyreese. Carl kissed Judith's head lightly. I put out my arms towards Carol and she embraced me in a hug. I kissed her forehead and let go.

"Thank you Tyreese," said Rick crying.

"You're welcome," he replied.

"We thought she had died," said Rick. He wiped away some tears and hugged him again. Carl handed the baby to Rick. He started smiling.

"Let's go," said Rick. "We need to find shelter before it gets dark."

Everyone started walking. I grabbed Carol's hand and she looked at me. I smiled and she smiled back.

******************************

We found a house on some land about two hours after we found Tyreese. We all readied our weapons and flashlights and walked in. I killed a couple of walkers. Carol and Tyreese walked upstairs. Carl stayed outside with Rick and Judith. When I finished killing walkers, I ran upstairs with Carol and Tyreese. They were dragging the bodies out of the rooms. I took over for Carol and grabbed a walker's legs. Tyreese grabbed its arms and we brought it downstairs. We walked to the back door and asked if Glenn could open it for us. We threw the walker outside and walked back upstairs to grab the other walker. When we were done disposing of the walkers, we all went in the living room because Rick had to tell us something.

"We don't have much food left," he started. "I need some men to come with me on a run. I know this area pretty well. There's a store about five miles out. Daryl, Glenn, and Abraham, I'm gonna need y'all to come with me. We go tomorrow morning," he said.

Everyone got up. I started walking upstairs, before Rick grabbed my arm.

"I need to talk to you," he said as he pulled me in the dining room.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I wanna thank you," he said.

"For what?"

"Everything."

"You're welcome," I said.

"And tell Carol I said thank you," he replied.

"Why can't you tell her?" I asked.

"I don't think she could ever forgive me," he said.

"I'm sure she would," I replied.

"No. I don't think she would. She's-"

"Yeah, she's amazing, isn't she?" I asked.

"Yeah. I can't believe I kicked her out. I mean, I've killed one of our own." He looks at me for a while.

"You love her, don't you?" he asked. I was taken back. I didn't know what to say.

"I don't know," I replied. He looked back at me.

"Of course I do," I said.

"I know you do," he replied. "I see the way you look at her. That's the way I used to look at Lori. I know you love her. And she loves you. You just have to admit it to each other."

"You're right," I said.

"I am?"

"Of course you are. I'm gonna tell her right now," I said.

"Good luck," he said.

"Thanks," I replied. I walked upstairs to find Carol. She was in a room looking through a dresser. I walked in and closed the door.

"Hi," she said as she looked up.

"Hey," I said. I walked towards her as she continued to look at me. I put both hands on her face and leaned in for a kiss. My lips pressed against hers. I pulled away. She looked surprised, but happy.

"I need to tell you something," I said.

"What is it?" She asked. I continued to have my hands on her face.

"I love you."