Nine

Daryl's POV!!!!!!!

I got up off the ground then helped Carol up.

"No. You aren't interrupting anything," I said to Gareth.

"Good. Because we need you," he replied.

"What do you need me for?" I asked.

"Some walkers got into the terminus. We need your help," he replied.

"I'm coming too," said Carol. I looked at her as if she was trying to get herself killed.

"No. You're staying here. I can't risk you going out there and getting killed," I replied.

"But I can help," she responded.

"Please. If you die out there, I'll never forgive myself," I said.

"Alright. I'll stay. But only because you wanted me too," she replied.

"Thank you so much. And if I don't come back," I said as I hugged her. I let go and ran with Gareth. He led me to the front gate where walkers were coming in. There were about five or six other men out there. As they started coming in, we fired and fired. We finally killed all the walkers. We dragged the bodies out of the gate, and far away. We brought them about fifty feet away from the terminus. We set them on fire, and went back inside. We closed the gate and I walked back to where Carol was. She was laying on the ground and bleeding really bad from her arm. She lost a lot of blood.

"Help! Someone! I need a doctor!" I yelled so loud people inside of their rooms heard me. I took my bandana out of my pocket and wrapped it around her arm. I picked her up and was looking for anyone who had medical experience.

"Gareth! I need help! Do you know anyone who has medical experience?" I asked Gareth as I ran towards him.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I don't know. But she lost a lot of blood. Please help," I said.

"Where's Kyle? Has anyone seen Kyle?" Gareth asked everybody in sight. Finally an old woman said he was on the bench by the big oak tree. We hurried over there.

"Kyle. We need your help. She's lost a lot of blood," said Gareth as we approached Kyle. He stood up and examined her.

"We need to get her to her room, quickly," he said. I ran to our room and Gareth and Kyle followed. I opened the door and laid her on the bed gently. Kyle grabbed medical supplies that were under the sink. He took the bandana off of her arm and examined the wound.

"It looks like she got cut by a piece of metal," said the young doctor.

"Will she be alright?" I asked very worried.

"If I clean the wound properly and we get her antibiotics," he replied. He cleaned the wound and put a bandage on it. I was so worried. Kyle went to his room to get some antibiotics and Gareth went to get some water. I sat in the chair next to the bed and got the ring out. I started messing with it again. I then put it up after a while and grabbed Carol's hand. I am so worried about her. I should've just let her come with me, and this would've never happened. I got the ring out, and put it on her middle finger. After a while, Gareth and Kyle came back with what they had left for.

*

*

*

I have been up all night just waiting for Carol to wake up. I've paced around this room I don't know how many times. I just want her to wake up. I've never been so worried before. I grabbed a clean bandage out of the medical bag and changed her bandage. The cut was really deep. I really hope she's going to be ok. I sat back in the chair and grabbed her hand. Her hand moved. I looked up and Carol was waking up.

Carol's POV-

I woke up in my bed. The last thing I remembered was me cutting myself on a metal fence. I looked at my arm and there was a bandage on it. There was something on my finger. I looked at it and it was the ring that had fallen out of Daryl's pocket. He must've put it on me while I was asleep.

"Hey," whispered Daryl as I woke up.

"Hi. What happened?" I asked.

"I found you laying on the ground and your arm was bleeding really bad. I took you back here and we cleaned you up," he replied.

"We?" I asked.

"Oh. Me, Gareth, and Kyle cleaned you up. Kyle is a doctor," he replied, smiling.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked.

"I'm just happy that you're ok," he replied. "What exactly happened?"

"Well, last thing I remember is that I fell and my arm hit a loose piece of metal on a fence," I replied.

"Did you try calling for someone?" he asked.

"I passed out instantly," I replied. He grabbed my hand.

"Luckily I found you before you lost even more blood," he replied. We talked for hours and then finally went to bed.