Three

"Toby fell asleep while we were keeping watch last night," I said as Carol approached me.

"Were there any walkers?" she asked.

"No," I replied. "Just me and Toby." She walked over to where Toby was sleeping and she crouched down.

"Toby," she said. "It's time to wake up." He got up and went to his tent without saying a word. A while later he came back out with new clothes on.

"How's the ankle?" asked Carol.

"It feels much better," I said as I turned around.

"Good," she said. "We need to go on a supply run. Toby, you stay here and protect the camp."

"Alright," he replied.

"You have enough gas in the tank?" I asked Carol.

"Yeah. We're going about a mile up the road. There's some shops there. We can get you a tent, if they have any. Maybe we can get some food, medicine, weapons, all that good stuff," she replied as we walked to the car. I opened the back car door and set my crossbow down. I saw a ring on the ground, so I picked it up.

"You gettin' in?" Carol asked.

"Uhh yeah," I replied as I shut the door. I got in on the passenger side and put the ring in my pocket. We were there in no time. I got out of the car and grabbed my crossbow. No walkers. We walked into an outdoors shop. I got my flashlight out and looked around. There was a walker behind the counter. I shot the walker and then went behind the counter to get my arrow. I went behind the counter and moved the walker. I saw some knives so I grabbed about ten of them. We grabbed some more weapons and ammo and left. There were some walkers herding around the van. I got my crossbow and Carol got out her knife. We headed towards the walkers. I took two and Carol took on the other two. We had to move the walkers out of the way of the van. We moved the van in front of the automobile shop. We got some gas, a couple of tires, and a car battery. There was a Big Spot around the area, and we went in to get some supplies. We got food, water, backpacks, and lighters. We headed outside and put the supplies in the car. I put my crossbow in the back seat, then shut the door. I hopped in the passenger seat. It was silent for a while. I got the ring out of my pocket and started fiddling with it.

"Sorry we couldn't find you a tent," Carol said turning to me.

"Oh it's ok. I can just keep watch again tonight," I replied.

"What was that you were messing with?" she asked.

"Oh it was just a rock," I replied. The next few minutes felt like two hours. When we got to the camp, we jumped out of the car as fast as we could. There were piles of bodies on the ground. There were only five people left. Fifteen people had died. The only people left were Toby, Sarah, Matt, and Blaire, the girl that called me cute. There was also Sarah and Matt's kid, Jeremy.

"What happened here?" I asked limping towards Toby.

"Jeremy accidentally fired a gun," he said. "The walkers heard it and attacked. I tried to protect the camp as best I could."

"You just let people die here?" I yelled.

"I said I tried to protect it as best I could!" he replied.

"Well you obviously didn't protect it good enough," I said as anger rushed through my body. He threw a punch at my face. The next thing I knew, I was on the ground. I got up as quickly as I could, and I threw my crossbow. I jumped on him and started punching his face.

"Guys! Stop!" yelled Carol. I jumped up and turned around. Toby got up and pushed me down. He kicked me in the side three times. I then grabbed his ankle and pulled him to the ground. I jumped on top of him and punched him in the stomach. I then punched him in the face three times. He pulled me to the ground and hurt me until I couldn't take anymore. I was laying on the ground, bleeding. Carol approached me. She bent over me and moved my hair out of my eyes.

"Does it hurt?" she asked me. I nodded my head because I couldn't talk. She went into a tent, then came out with a rag. She grabbed a bottled water, then poured some on the rag. She lifted my head up and started wiping the blood off.

"Ow!" I said as she set the rag on my face.

"Don't try to talk," she replied to my cry. She kissed me on the forehead then helped me up. She threw the water and rag at Toby and said,

"Clean yourself up."

"What did I do?" asked Toby.

"You started it," she replied. "Everyone pack up and get in the cars. Toby and Blaire, the Smiths, and me and Daryl. Follow me when you're ready."

"Carol, why can't I go with you?" asked Toby.

"Because, right now, I don't like you. Now get packed up," she replied.

"Yes ma'am, he replied with a look of sadness on his face. Carol walked over to the van and helped me in. I got the ring out and started messing with it again. She walked over to where I threw my crossbow. She picked it up along with my arrows. She set them in the back seat behind me. She got in, and started the ignition. She drove to where the other cars were and we waited. Everyone got in their cars and we left.