Nineteen

"How come y'all had a room?" asked Rick as he stood. He walked over to his bag that was lying on the ground next to the coffee table. He grabbed a water bottle and sat back on the couch. He turned the cap on the water bottle as everyone was staring at him.

"I don't know. We saw him kill two people and we were scared. He said that he had to do what he had to do. And he took us to Terminus and we helped out a little," I said.

"He, who's he?" asked Glenn.

"The leader, Gareth," I replied.

"Oh, him" sneered Carl. I could tell he didn't like him from the start.

Rick stood up and walked to the window. He pulled back the curtain and looked out the window.

"It's getting dark, we'll stay here for the night," he said as he closed the curtains. He walked to the back room where me and Carol were staying. He walked back out as everyone was finding a place to sleep. "Who's staying in the back room?" he asked.

"Me and Carol are," I said as I hobbled over to him. He smirked as he motioned me to the kitchen.

"Is there something going on between you two?" he smiled.

"No, not really," I looked back at Carol. "I mean, stuff has happened, like we've held hands, we've kissed, we've talked for hours on end, we've cuddled," I laughed. Rick nodded his head in anticipation and smiled. "Oh my gosh, something's going on between us," I realized.

"Yeah. Finally," he replied.

"What?" I asked.

"I've seen you two flirt with each other for a while now, ever since we were on the farm, it's about time something happened," he said. I smiled. He looked down at the ground and then back up. "Oh, by the way, what happened with your foot?" he asked.

"We were doing a search in a convenient store, and I didn't see this walker on the ground. He grabbed my leg and bit it. The next thing I know, is I'm on the ground and Carol kills the thing, and then I blacked out. When I woke up, we were back at the camp, and it was dark and cold. They were chopping my foot off. Then I blacked out a little and when I woke up, they were cleaning the blood up and wiping my leg off. Then I felt something burning me. It was awful," I replied.

"Wow, sounds more painful than it looks," he said.

"Oh it was. But I had crutches for a while, and when we came here, we found this prosthetic leg, and it fit perfectly," I replied.

"Well, you get back to your girlfriend, and I'll get back to my son," he said, turning on his heel. He walked away and I smiled.

I walked to the room I was staying in, and Carol was already in there. She was reading the book that I had read the night before to put myself to sleep. Gosh, she's so cute.

"Oh, hey," she said as she put the book down and marked her place.

"Hey," I looked at the ground. I walked to the bed and sat down.

"What's on your mind?" she asked. I didn't want to tell her what Rick had just said, and what I had just admitted.

"Oh, nothing," I said.I set my pillows up, so that I could sit down and have my back resting on them. She grabbed my wrist and I looked down real fast. she was looking at me as I lifted my head up.

"Come on, tell me, you can tell me anything," she said.

"It's not a big deal," I replied. She gave me a look that she knew something was on my mind. "I just talked with Rick."

"It was about me, wasn't it?" she asked.

"Uh, yeah," I said, scared that she already knew what I was talking about.

"I'm gonna have to leave the group again, aren't I?" she rubbed her temples. I was surprised at what she had just said.

"No!" I said quickly. "I would never let that happen!"

"Then what were y'all talking about?" she asked.

"Us," I replied.

"Us? what about us?" she looked confused.

"You know, us," I replied. I didn't want to say it. I just wanted to take it slow.

"Oh," she then realized what I was saying.

"Yeah," it was so awkward. I didn't know what to say next. I don't think she did either. The next few seconds felt like hours. She finally said something to break the silence.

"We should probably go to sleep," she said.

"Yeah we probably should," I replied. I kicked off my shoes, and repositioned my pillows. I pulled up my side of the covers and turned off my lamp. I slowly slid under the covers and closed my eyes.

********************************

"Wake up!" yelled Rick as he hit the door and entered.

I opened my eyes and got up. I put on my boots and laced them up. Carol got up about a minute after I did.

"Morning," she said while rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning," I turned my head and smiled.

I walked into the living room where everyone was packing their stuff up. I walked over to the coffee table where my backpack was sitting. I picked it up and grabbed a water bottle out of it. I twisted the cap and gulped down half of the water bottle. Carol walked in the living room. When everyone was packed up, headed out the door. We readied our weapons and killed about ten walkers.

*******************************

We were walking for about two hours and killed a lot of walkers on the way. We stumbled across an outdoors store and decided to take a look. There was a sign on the front window that read

Take whatever you need.

God bless.

The door was blocked from the inside. I kicked the door in with my good leg and almost fell over. Carol pushed me forward to help me gain my balance back. I thanked her and we all walked inside. I walked straight to the back where the bows and arrows were. A walker came out of the back. I shot it and retrieved my arrow. I grabbed a new thing of arrows. Everyone was searching the place, when Rick walked next to me.

"What's up?" I asked. He looked behind him at Carol.

"What's going on between you two?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked in reply.

"You've barely said two words to her all day. What happened?" he kept looking behind him.

"We talked last night," I replied.

"About what?"

"What me and you talked about last night," I said.

"What did she say?" asked Rick.

"All she said was 'oh'," I replied.

Carl walked behind us and we stopped talking.

"Dad, everyone's ready to go," said Carl.

"Okay," replied Rick.

I primed my crossbow and we all headed out the door.

****************************

We walked for another hour and killed a few walkers. A figure was walking towards us in the distance.

"I'll shoot it," said Rick.

"Wait!" yelled Glenn.

"What?" asked Rick.

"It's holding something," Glenn tried to make out what it was.

"It's Tyreese," I said. "And he's holding a baby."

Dang! 1227 words! That's the biggest chapter I've ever written. I really liked writing that much. So, long time, no see. Sorry for not updating when I said I was going to, I got really busy. Well I hope you liked this chapter. And a cliff hanger! YAY! Lol.

Please Vote, comment, and follow me for more stories!

Love y'all!