Seven

We walked on because of the hope that others from the prison would be at the Terminus. Hope. Silly thing to have in a world like this. I wonder if anyone else has hope in this dying world. We walked for what seemed like forever. A couple of days after we found Gareth, we made it to the Terminus. When we got in, there were two men at the gate. Gareth turned to the one on his right.

"Go get the people from the prison," said Gareth.

"Yes sir," replied the large man.

"You in charge here?" asked Daryl.

"Yes. I'd like to think so," replied Gareth.

"But you ain't no governor are ya?" asked Daryl.

"No. I'm just the man in charge, is all. Nothing more," replied Gareth.

"I have a problem with people in charge, just so you know," said Daryl.

"Well I hope we don't have a problem," said Gareth as the large man came back. There were two people behind him. A man and a woman. He motioned for them to come meet us.

"These ain't our people," said Daryl.

"But they're from a prison," replied Gareth.

"Yeah they're from a prison, not our prison," said Daryl.

"Hon' you gon' say something, or you gon' let your boyfriend here do all the talking?" asked Gareth. I turned really red.

"Oh. Um. We aren't a couple," I replied.

"Oh. I'm sorry," he said.

"It's alright. You didn't know," I said as Daryl looked at me. I was still blushing. Gareth motioned us to follow him. We did as he wanted.

"I hope you will find it comfortable here," said Gareth. He showed us to a room.

"I'm sorry. We don't have two extra rooms. Just this one," he said.

"It's alright," replied Daryl. Gareth left. There was an acoustic guitar in the corner of the room. Daryl walked towards it.

"You play?" I asked as I shut the door.

"Just a little bit," he replied.

"Well c'mon, play something for me," I said, smiling.

"Nah. I better not. We don't know who's it is," he said putting it down.

"Alright. Well I'm going to see if Gareth has any food," I said.

"Alright," said Daryl as I opened the door and walked out. I went to look for Gareth. I couldn't find him, so I just went back. The door was still open. Daryl was facing the wall, with the guitar. He was playing Yesterday by The Beatles. I just stood at the door, watching.

Yesterday. All my troubles seemed so far away, he began. When he finished the song, I started clapping. He turned around quickly.

"I thought you said you could only play a little," I said as I walked in the door.

"Well I didn't want to play anything around people," he replied. I sat on the bed.

"What are you scared?" I said jokingly. He got up and put up the guitar.

"Yeah. Actually I am." he said as he sat across from me on the bed.

"Oh. Sorry," I said as I slipped my shoes off. I stood up so I could move the covers. I moved them enough to where I could get in. I laid down and put the blankets over me.

"Goodnight Daryl," I said as I closed my eyes.

"Night Carol," replied Daryl.

A/N-

Hey guys! Thanks for so many reads on this! I love y'all so much! Oh and the video I posted is the song Yesterday by The Beatles. I posted it just in case you've never heard it before. Also the lyrics fit perfectly.