Ten

I woke up to Daryl holding my hand. He was in the chair by the bed with his head laid on the bed. He looked tired. I took my hand back gently and put it on his head. He woke up a little while after that.

"Good morning," I whispered.

"Mornin'," he replied.

"What time did you go to sleep?" I asked.

"About thirty minutes ago," he replied.

"You need to sleep," I said as I got out of bed. I motioned for him to sleep on the bed, and he did. I put on my shoes and grabbed my knife. I kissed Daryl on the forehead and left the room. It is so quiet in the mornings here. I grabbed the bucket that was outside of the room and went to the well. I walked around for a while before, just to get a feel of the place. There were so many people there. Even children. I haven't seen too many children around anymore. In fact, I haven't seen much of anyone around anymore. When I got to the well, Kyle was there.

"Oh. Hey Carol. How's the arm?" he asked looking at the bloody bandage.

"It feels a lot better. Thank you for asking," I replied. I put the bucket on the rope as Kyle left. I lowered it down and lifted it back up when it was full. I walked back to the room, slowly. I don't know why, but I was kind of hoping that Gareth would come and walk with me. He has been so sweet to me. Nevermind. I should just get him off of my mind. After all, I've only known him for three days. I got stopped in my thought process as Gareth came strolling up beside me.

"Good morning Carol," he said as he approached me. I don't know why, but every time I see him, I get tons of mixed emotions.

"Good morning Gareth," I replied as I got to my room. I stopped at the door with my back facing it.

"How is the arm?" he asked.

"It's doing a lot better. Thanks," I replied. He looked at my hand.

"Where'd you get that ring? You didn't have it on before," he asked.

"Oh. This thing? Daryl gave it to me," I said as I walked into the room. I set the bucket of water on the counter and grabbed a mug. Gareth followed me inside. I dipped the mug in the water until it filled.

"Why'd he give you a ring?" he asked quite loudly.

"Shut up. Daryl is asleep," I whispered.

"What did you say? Oh. Daryl is asleep?" he said loudly just to make me mad. I set the mug down on the counter. I walked up to Gareth and pushed him out the door.

"Bu-" he said before I shut the door in his face. Daryl woke up very quickly after that.

"What happened?" he asked. He sounded rather scared.

"Nothing. Just go back to bed," I replied.

A/N-

Sorry that this chapter was so short. This is basically a filler chapter. I am so sorry> It's really late too, so I've got to go to bed. The picture to the side is what the ring looks like.