Bellamy Blake - "I want you to be happy"

"Who warned you?" Bellamy's voice broke while he looked up at you. His eyes were filled with dried tears and even though he had been worried before, you had never seen him as worried as this.

"Octavia, why?" You squeezed your eyes a little while he let out a relieved sigh. "What did they tell you?" You cocked your head and stared at him with your eyebrows frowned.

"They told me she was dead." Bellamy swallowed. His head knew that Octavia was alive, that she reached the camp, that she warned you. The vein in his neck was however still beating visibly because his heart needed more time to process your words. "How's she doing?" He grabbed your shoulders firmly and shook you.

"She's wounded, but we took good care of her and I think she'll be fine." You smiled at him and his lips curled up into a slight smile too.

"I thought I had lost her..." Bellamy was still breathing heavily. "I thought I'd never see her again..." He shook his head. "I thought that I could never tell her again how much I love her and how much I need her."

"She's fine, Bellamy and you can say all those things to her." You smiled again. "Come, let me bring you to her, because you've been depressed for a way too long time. I want you to be happy." You grabbed his hand and pulled him with you.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't good company lately and I'm sorry that I wasn't really there for you..." Bellamy bent his head and stared at his feet. "I did a lot of stupid things and I have no idea if and how I can ever make up for them." He stood still in the middle of the hallway. "I'm sorry I didn't wanna listen to you."

"Bellamy..." You turned around. Your voice was a soft comforting whisper and you squeezed his hand. "We're in the middle of a war. We all did and will do things we regret and we all did and will do things that are wrong. You're no worse than any of us and remember what you said..."

Bellamy didn't let you finish your sentence. "Who we are and who we need to be to survive are two very different things." He rolled his eyes. "I killed people. A lot of people. Those people are gone. They left brothers behind, they left parents behind, they left children behind." He shook his head and the palm of his hand sweated. "I know what they feel, but they won't feel the same relief."

"Bellamy Blake" You crossed your arms over your chest and licked your lips. "You were the one saying that sentence, remember?" You whispered. "Why does advice like that always count for others and never for you?" You paused for a moment. "You, Bellamy Blake, have been the best of best friends I have ever had. You, Bellamy Blake, have been through horrible things. You, Bellamy Blake, have made mistakes. You, Bellamy Blake, are only human. You, Bellamy Blake, deserve to be forgiven for that."

"I, Bellamy Blake, do not deserve a best friend like you."

"You, Bellamy Blake, are not the one to decide on that." You grabbed his hand again and squeezed it. "I am. And I declare, that you Bellamy Blake, deserve every bit of happiness in your life."