Bellamy Blake - "Just say it"

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" You crossed your arms over your chest while you leaned against the wall. Your veins were visibly beating in your neck and you could feel your heart hammering in your chest. "Why on earth do you think you can do this?"

Bellamy stared at his feet. The gun in his pocket had once looked attractive, but it had lost it's appeal after what he had done with it, after he had killed so many grounders who had only been there to protect you, to keep an eye on you, to make sure the other clans wouldn't kill you while you considered yourself safe.

"What does Pike say that you like?" You raised your eyebrows. You knew that Bellamy preferred not to be a leader, you knew that he liked others doing the thinking and only having to do what they tell him to do, you knew that he hated the weight of responsibility on his shoulders.

But Pike was not the right person to follow, was not the right person to believe in. Pike was a monster who judged people without even trying to understand them, without even giving them a chance to prove that he was wrong, without seeing them as human beings who maybe had way more right to be here than you had.

"What did the grounders ever do for us?" Bellamy cleared his throat while he looked up at you. "They attacked us even though we were not doing anything apart from trying to survive." He paused for a moment. "When we made a deal with them, they left us behind when they got what they wanted." He lifted his hands up in the air. "They murdered our people! They don't give a damn about us! Why should we believe that their army was there to protect us and not to attack?"

"That's what Pike has been telling you? Those are the lies he's been feeding you?" You raised your eyebrows and shook your head.

"They're not lies. They're facts. From the moment we've come here they've done nothing for us. They've only hurt us." Bellamy wanted to walk past you, but you placed a hand on his chest to force him to stop.

You let out a deep sigh. "It's a good thing I love you. That's my reason for not giving up on you, for not turning my back on you, for not slapping you in the face like I actually want to do." You pressed the palm of your hand to his cheek. "I believe that somehow we can make you realize that what you're doing is wrong. I believe that I can make you realize that what you're doing is wrong."

"It's not wrong." Bellamy protested, but he didn't sound as confident anymore as he had sounded a couple of minutes ago. "They're not our friends. They'll never be our friends."

"No, not anymore." You stepped back. "You and your so called heroes personally made sure of that." You rolled your eyes. "Well, if the old Bellamy somehow comes back and realizes how stupid he's been, just say it. Until then, I think it's better if we don't see each other for a while."

"Are you breaking up with me?" Bellamy cocked his head and widened his eyes.

"No, we're taking a temporary break until you've come back to your senses." You curled your lips up into a mocking smile and then you turned around to walk away from him.

"Wait! (Y/N)!" Bellamy walked after you, but you didn't even look over your shoulder.

"You know what you have to do to get me back."